Chapter 10

"Rudra," Purshottam's called out with a grin as he watched his elder grandson approach the dining table on the beautiful lawn of the Awasthy House- a perfect place for soaking the early morning winter sun along with the company of friends and fami...

"Rudra," Purshottam's called out with a grin as he watched his elder grandson approach the dining table on the beautiful lawn of the Awasthy House- a perfect place for soaking the early morning winter sun along with the company of friends and family all while enjoying a heavy breakfast leisurely.

"Good morning," Rudra wished his grandfather and Haripraksh with a polite nod and smile. "Dadi told me we are having breakfast out here today." He said as he pulled out a chair for himself after placing the Blood Pressure Monitor on the table.

"You know, Rudra..." Haripraksh began and paused to take a sip of his steaming hot tea. "When we were your age, we all would always meet on this very spot on so many Sundays and spend all morning and afternoon chatting and eating." He said, and both the older men looked at each other with a nostalgic smile.

"Although, there was a big difference between them and us, Hari," Purshottam mused. "We were married and already had a child by their age."

Rudra resisted the urge to roll his eyes because he knew exactly what Haripraksh's next question would be.

"True," Haripraksh laughed and turned his attention towards the young man in front of him. "Rudra, what type of life partner are you seeking?"

"I am not ready for marriage yet, so I have never really thought about it," Rudra said as he focused on opening the box of the BP machine.

"Why not?" Haripraksh asked, peering over the rim of his glasses.

Being a veteran at this conversation, he knew exactly what to do and say. Shrugging slightly, he said, "I am so busy in my career right now that having someone else in my life wouldn't be fair to them. I won't be able to give them or the relationship any time."

"Kids these days are so busy that they have forgotten to manage their priorities. Everything in life needs to have balance." Hariprakash huffed. "If you begin giving one aspect of your life too much importance then your entire life will become skewed."

"Exactly, Rudra!" Purshottam joined his friend's wagon and nodded. "Now that you are here and are not working 24 hours, you have time. To look around you and see the beauty in life... Maybe even fall in love with someone around you,"

Rudra's face scrunched in confusion at his grandfather's strange idea of a vacation. "What?"

"I mean...." Purshottam stammered and chuckled when Rudra and Haripraksh stared at him with identical bewildered expressions. "Slip of tongue... I mean, fall in love with the beauty of nature around you."

Rudra wasn't convinced, but he didn't want to broach the subject anymore. But more importantly, whatever his grandfather was trying to do wasn't going to happen. "Okay, I'll try to fall in love with the beauty around me." He said sardonically and pushed his glasses to sit better on his nose. "Anyways...." He held out the straps of the machine open. "Let me check your BP."