Chapter 8

Rudra shivered even as he hurriedly pulled his long-sleeved t-shirt over his head

Rudra shivered even as he hurriedly pulled his long-sleeved t-shirt over his head. A hot shower this late in the night to wipe out his tiredness from the travelling seemed like a great idea at that time. Living in Delhi had accustomed him to harsh winters, but this was on a whole new level.

"What the hell is all this?" Rudra demanded when he came out of the bathroom and saw the mess that his brother had created around the room. Clothes were haphazardly laying around on the furniture, including the bed. Knicks and Knacks had been moved around too from what Rudra could observe.

"Making myself comfortable," Akash announced while sitting on a small love seat with his feet propped on the table in front of him. "Remember, what the Awasthy family told us? That this our house too." He said and placed his hands behind his bed, which wobbled the laptop on his legs.

Rudra made a face to show his distaste when he saw how Akash had messily thrown his towel on the drying rack after his shower. With a click of his tongue, he placed his towel on the rack before fixing his brother's towel. "Maybe you should remember that this, not our house. It seems like the girl... Dhara is very particular about the tidiness of her room. She is going to be annoyed if you make a mess of her room."

"That's the plan," Akash sang under his breath, but Rudra was busy checking emails on the phone with a knee on the bed for support. He didn't know how long he would be able to stay from the hospital. The control freak inside him was itching to go back and take care of everything, even though a part of him argued that he should trust his father. After all, he had more experience and better business acumen.

"Oh, by the way before I forget," Akash pointed at a tall glass beside Rudra's glasses on the side table with his thumb. "Manoj dropped it off. It's supposed to help with the chilly weather." He said distractedly as he furiously pressed on the keys of his laptop, no doubt playing a game.

Rudra picked up the glass and smelled it.

"It is Haldi doodh," Akash helpfully supplied without bothering to look up from his laptop. "Chandni Dadi made it."

"She'll feel bad if you don't drink it," Akash said when Rudra continued to sniff and stare at it.

"I know," Rudra huffed and licked it a little before taking a deep breath and practically drinking it in one shot. He placed the glass back down with his nose scrunched.

"Hey! I like to sleep on the left side," Akash said when Rudra lifted the blanket and slid into the bed.

Rudra looked apologetic and sat up on the bed, "Really?" He asked, waiting for Akash to nod. "Well, too bad," He said and laid back down on the pillow with his phone in his hand. Reaching for his glasses and slipping them on and replying to the rest of the emails, "I like sleeping on the left side too. And it's first come first serve."

"Okay, Asshole," Akash grumbled in annoyance.

"What did you say?" Rudra raised one of his eyebrows perfectly which reminded Akash of when they were children, and they would be alone at home, Rudra would always make silly faces and do an "eyebrow dance" to entertain him.