Chapter 20

Author's note: We have hit 90K reads!! I can't believe it! Thank you so much for all your love. I really appreciate it!!❤ To commemorate this occasion, I have made this chapter super long.

 I really appreciate it!!❤ To commemorate this occasion, I have made this chapter super long

"What?" Dhara demanded when Akash called out her name and followed her to the stairs.

Akash sighed and scratched the arch of his eyebrow. "Why are you always looking to fight with me?"

She scoffed in disbelief at Akash's statement. Was this man serious? He was the one who had been irritating her with his stupidity. She was about to respond with a snarky remark, but then she remembered Rudra's advice. So, she turned around without saying anything and began descending the stairs purposefully. How did Soumya di do this every day? She was physically restraining herself from bursting at him.

"Dhara, wait!" He held her hand and stopped her a few steps above the bottom stair. "Sorry! I didn't mean to." Holding his hands in the air in surrender, Akash took a step away from her when she glared at him for touching her.

"I was thinking about you last night." He began and immediately began explaining what he meant when her eyes widened in shock. "I mean... I wasn't thinking about you. I was thinking about us... I mean about our relationship."

She scrunched her nose in annoyance and took another step down, but Akash too followed her suit to stand in front of her. "What!"

"What is wrong with you? Why can't you have a civil conversation with someone? Do you always need to be so snippy all the time?"

"You are the one who is saying creepy things to me." She retorted.

"It's not creepy." Akash groaned and placed his hands on his waist. "What I mean is... I think that we have been acting quite childish with our silly arguments, and we should stop."

Surprised at his words, she looked him in the eye to see if he was joking. There was no trace of humour or smugness anywhere. Crossing her arms, Dhara raised her eyebrow. "Go on." Dhara, too felt like she had acted like a stubborn and insensitive child who threw a tantrum because she didn't get her way. Sure, they didn't like the same cricketers, but it didn't mean that they needed to be at loggerheads all the time.

"Look. Let's put this fight behind us and start over? We don't have to bicker over something trivial constantly. We are both adults, and we can respect each other's choices. Can't we?"

"I guess," Dhara mumbled, shrugging impassively. On the inside, she was glad that she wasn't the one initiating this truce. At least this way, she still had the high ground. Childish again. She knew that but refused to acknowledge it.

"So, we can be friends then?" He asked, extending his hand.

She sighed dramatically and placed her hand in his. "Dhara Awasthy." For the first time, she smiled at him.