Chapter Five

We had made sail. I was looking out at the sea thinking about how I only just got Jack back in my life for him to be taken out of it again. Whilst I still hadn't forgiven him for leaving me on Tortuga I still loved him and honestly these past ten years had been very lonely, being a female pirate means you basically can't trust anyone because everyone thinks they can take advantage of you even if they can't.

Suddenly I heard a big commotion behind me the crew were scrambling all over the deck. I looked out to sea and I saw the Black Pearl gaining on us. My God she is truly a beautiful ship. The crew were all panicking, Elizabeth and Will came up to the deck as Anamaria told them the Black Pearl was gaining on us. I seemed to be the only calm one on the entire ship although I did have something the others didn't have. I had a good feeling that Barbossa was on the Black Pearl, between him and Jack both being on the Black Pearl I knew not a single hair on my head would be harmed when they caught up to us and trust me they would. There's no point in trying to outrun the Pearl. I decided to go below deck to see if there was any alcohol on this ship but what I found was one better the medallion left unattended on the table. If I was a better person I would leave it but curse my sticky fingers! I quickly pocketed it. What do you expect I am a pirate after all. I decided I better sneak back on deck to avoid suspicion.

"We're shallower on the draft, right? Well, then can't we lose them amongst those shoals?" I could hear Elizabeth making suggestions behind me; they were good suggestions even if they are useless.

"We don't have to outrun 'em long, just long enough..." I heard Gibbs say. I guess we are actually going to try and outrun the Pearl.

"Lighten the ship!" Anamaria ordered

"Anything we can afford to lose, see that it's lost!" Gibbs yelled as the crew started to dump anything that they possibly could. I decided to step away before anyone could ask me why I wasn't helping. I don't want a rumour starting about how easily I gave up or how lazy I am because I am simply saving my energy as I will be fine no matter what. I guess the rest of them should learn how to pick their enemies. 

The Black Pearl was practically right behind us now and they had started firing. If only we had something to fire back? Oh wait the girl who has been coddled her whole life told us to throw everything overboard and we listened as if she was our captain.

"It was a good plan, up 'til now" Said Anamaria finally admitting defeat. Will made his way to the wheel

"Gibbs! We have to make a stand. We must fight! Load the guns!" Will yelled. No one moved

"With what exactly Will? Considering everything we had on board is now in the sea." I said sarcastically glaring at both him and Elizabeth.

"Anything. Everything! Anything we have left!" He yelled, boy this kid does not give up. I watched as Mr Gibbs walked up to Anamaria and Will, they watched the Black Pearl

"The Pearl's going to luff up on our port quarter! She'll rake us, without ever presenting a target!" Mr Gibbs said in a panic. Elizabeth went up to the front of the ship

"Lower the anchor on the right side!" She yelled, I have to hand it to her this girl would make a good pirate with a bit of training. I could see the three of them looking at each other unsure of what to say. Ugh I guess I might as well do something before this ship goes without a fight, to keep up appearances and all that.

"It's not a bad idea. It has the element of surprise" I said calmly. They all turned around in shock. "You two are daft!" Anamaria said looking at me and Elizabeth

"Daft like Jack!" Gibbs said with a big smile on his face. The crew still looked at us in confusion.

"You heard the lady! Drop the anchor! Or I will blast you out of those cannons!" I yelled at the crew, bloody hell where did Jack scrape together this lot. They quickly dropped the anchor. Elizabeth looked at me with an appreciative smile as if to say thank you, I tipped my hat at her and made my way over to the wheel.

I was tightly holding the wheel when Elizabeth gave me a nod. I let go of it and it started to spin on its own. The ship very quickly turning itself around. Y'know I could get used to having Elizabeth around it's a shame everywhere she is Will seems to be there tailing her like a lost puppy. Our cannons were now facing the Black Pearl. I was glad we didn't have any cannon balls I couldn't bring myself to destroy that ship. I could hear the anchor snap from underneath us; Thank God I didn't plan to stay on this ship.

We had finally run out of things to shoot from our cannons, we were all looking at one another waiting for someone to make a suggestion, I had many but my plan was always to get aboard the Black Pearl. 

"We could use a few more ideas, lass!" Mr Gibbs looked at Elizabeth. She didn't have any more ideas. Gibbs looked at me and I just shrugged. He sighed.

"Well we'll just give them her!" Anamaria grabbed Elizabeth by her hair. Talk about quick to turn on your own crew.

"It's not her they are after." Will said as he stepped forward. Elizabeth hand goes up to clutch the medallion, the same medallion tucked safely in my pocket. Will panics and sprints to get below deck. I thought about saying something but decided against it. I knew the water would be rising down there.

The crew from the Black Pearl started to come across to our ship. I really didn't fancy a fight right now but I guess that's what is happening. I saw Jack run past me. Wait, how did he get back on this ship? Never mind at least he's alive. He ran over to Elizabeth just as someone was about to strike her, Jack stopped him and Elizabeth hit him with the butt of her sword. Jack grabbed her by the shoulders and asked her where the medallion was. She went to slap him as he asked where Will was. That stopped her in her tracks. She had forgotten he went below deck. I was too busy watching that unfold that I didn't notice I was being grabbed by two crew members of the Black Pearl. I just let it happen unlike Elizabeth who I could see struggling.