Chapter Eight

I watched the island grow smaller and smaller as we sailed away from the island where we had left Jack and Elizabeth, is it bad that I feel worse about leaving Elizabeth behind than Jack? Either way it doesn't matter because I had a feeling I would be seeing them again. The both of them are way to crafty to remain on that island. Jack got off it before, I don't know how but I do not believe that stupid turtle story that I keep hearing float about. Roped turtles? No chance. He probably got lucky and a ship came past or something.

A part of me did feel bad for leaving Jack behind and it makes me wonder if this is how he felt when he left me on Tortuga. When he left me there everyday I would think about why he had left me behind. Was it my fault? Was he protecting me? I could never figure out why. He left no clues whatsoever. 

A shiver ran up my spine when I felt a cold hand on my back, that hand belonging to my Hector. He walked me to his quarters, the ones that Jack and I shared when he was was the captain of the Black Pearl. In a certain way it felt like my true home.

Hector was cold to the touch. It sent chills through my body where ever he touched me. I guess it comes with the curse of being dead or undead? I don't know.

"You really have no issue with leaving your brother?" Hector asked me with complete sincerity. No one would ever believe me if I told them how caring and sincere Hector could be, he only reserved that for me.

"Not really. He left me for no reason and knowing him he would have left me behind again. Jack's smart and so is that Elizabeth they will probably find away off that island." I responded knowing I was right. For the first time in ten years I was actually happy. Happy to be back with the only man I've ever loved. Don't tell my dad.

"Oh I have truly missed you my darling" He said looking deeply into my eyes, almost as if he was looking to see if I still felt the same. 

"I tried to come back for you, Honest. But by the time we got to Tortuga you were gone. No surprise there, I know you never like to over stay your welcome in any place." He explained

"I had no doubt in my mind that I would see you again. That our paths would cross again but you are right I wasn't going to hang around Tortuga for long." I said while playing with the rings on his fingers.

He had two chair in his quarters, a small table in between them with a lit candle upon it. A bookshelf stood behind the chairs. Old books from all corners of the world filled it, all collected from his travels on the seven seas. We were sat opposite each other on the chairs that were surprisingly comfortable when a small monkey came through one of the portholes. He ran over to us and curled up on my lap.

"Well it seems I've made a knew friend" I joked quietly as not to disturb him. Hector laughed.

"We named him Jack" He explained. It was my turn to laugh, of course they would name him Jack. The room fell into comfortable silence. I could tell he was waiting to tell me something.

"I guess I have some explaining to do..." He began. He told me everything. Starting with what happened after I was left on Tortuga

"The crew and I had talks of mutiny before but nothing ever came of it because I knew you'd never forgive me for doing that to your brother but after he left you behind there was nothing stopping us. The crew and I were so angry when we realised you had been left behind, I knew Jack had done it on purpose. After we left him we went in search of the dammed gold that put this curse on all of us." I wasn't shocked at what he told me. I knew the crew were getting fed up of Jack leading them places with no explanation or reward and if there was a reward Jack always managed to keep most of it to himself. There was just one part I didn't understand

"So why do you need Old Bootstrap's son so bad?" I asked not sure why Will was so important.

"Oh right. To get rid of the curse we need to repay all the gold we took and the blood of those who took it but we didn't know that when we tied him to a cannon and let him sink to the ocean floor." He explained. Now that surprised me. Not the repaying of blood and gold but that they threw Bill overboard. Old Bootstrap was a lovely fellow, very loyal. Loyalty! He must have still felt loyal to Jack. 

"Now that I've told you everything. Where have you been for the last ten years missy?" Hector asked. I guess he is right. It is my turn.

"Here, there, everywhere." I started my but I could tell that wasn't enough of an answer for him. So I continued.

"Well once I realised Jack wasn't coming back I smuggled myself onto a random ship hiding as a man. I just wanted to get off Tortuga and this was the quickest and easiest way possible. I was only apart of that crew for about a year or two when we were attacked. I really screwed myself the ship I snuck onto was the worst lot of pirates I've ever seen. We were very clearly losing to the other ship. A few of us got lucky and managed to join the other ships crew. The still weren't the best lot of pirates I've ever seen but they were an improvement from the last lot.

I was with that crew for the best part of a year when tension started to rise. The crew were fed up of their incompetent captain and I could sense it was about to get really messy. I took that as a chance to get my own crew and ship. I took charge of that ship by killing there captain. If I hadn't done it someone else would have. I captained that ship for over a year when we had trouble with the East India trading company. The ship was no where near good enough to fight off theirs. They gave us the option of abandoning ship and becoming prisoners, most of my crew jumped at that chance but not me, a true captain goes down with their ship.

They blew my ship to pieces and presumed me to be dead. It takes more than that to kill me. Luckily an old friends ship sailed by and let me aboard." I could tell Hector didn't quite believe my story and was wondering who this old friend was. I thought about brushing over it but what good are secrets ay?

"Okay I can tell you don't believe me, it was the Flying Dutchman. Davy Jones happened to owe me a favour and let me stay aboard for a while. They happened to be going past Shipwreck Cove so I got off there." I continued until Hector interrupted me

"Must of been quite the favour you did for Davy Jones" He said with a hint of jealousy in his eyes. I laughed

"Don't get the wrong idea. I helped him with something well over ten years ago. Anyway. I spent quite a long time at Shipwreck Cove with my dad, unlike Jack he actually likes my company. 

After that I did a few other things of no importance until I ended up at Tia Dalma's place. I helped her with a few things until she said I should go back to Tortuga. She said it was important and when has she ever been wrong. So I went back and that's when I saw Jack there with Will. There now you are all caught up." I finished. He seemed shocked by everything I had done in the last ten years but let's face it you can fit a lot of living into ten years. 

Hector was about to say something when the crew started to shout for him.