Chapter Ten

The crew had left the cave because they couldn't die or drown they were walking to the H.M.S. Dauntless on the floor of the sea while Pintel and Ragetti rowed out in a boat disguised as women. Once the men of the Dauntless were distracted the crew were going to strike from behind and after they had killed all the men we could spill Will's blood and the curse could be lifted. Well that is how it's meant to go but I am very suspicious of Jack, if I know my brother, and I do all too well, he is planning something I can tell.

I was sat in the cave on the mound of treasure with Hector by my side and Jack on my lap, the monkey not my brother! He had very quickly taken a liking to me which I was thrilled about as I've always loved animal companions but I was never the type to get a parrot.

Jack wandered around the cave looking at the various pieces of treasure that was surrounding us, I was keeping a very close eye on him to make sue he didn't do anything stupid. Hector was watching him too, a lot less paranoid than I was. He seemed very please that he was about to get his own fleet and that Jack would be under his command, I think he has already forgotten that Jack has been hunting him for the last ten years.

"I must admit, Jack. I thought I had you figured but turns out, you're a hard man to predict." Hector admitted, why was he suddenly being so trusting all of a sudden. Jack shook his head

"Me? I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly! It's the honest ones you want to watch out for because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid." Jack said being as aloof and confusing as ever. 

I watched as Jack looked over the pile of treasure right in front of him, he quickly turned to the pirate that was standing behind him and grabbed the sword right out of his hands and pushed him into the water. He catapulted the sword towards Will, who somehow caught it despite his hands being tied behind his back. I ran to stop him getting free but he knocked me down the mound of treasure, hitting me with the butt of the sword.

"Sorry Holly" He uttered while running to watch Jack's back from the pirate Jack had knocked over. Jack pulled out his own sword and darted towards Barbossa who was quick to get to his feet and defend himself.

Their swords clashed, a duel that Jack had been waiting for. For ten years to be more exact ever since Barbossa overthrew him and abandoned him on that island where he was left to die. 

Two pirates rushed Will swords at the ready but Will was a better pirate then he gave himself credit for he held them off with such a talent you'd think he had been sailing the seven seas before he could even walk. 

I could feel Jack the monkey patting my face as I began to regain consciousness, I looked up just as Jack and Hector's sword crossed and they were face to face

"You're off the edge of the map, mate. Here there be monsters!" Hector shouted in Jack's face. They were both quick to get back to fighting though.

Barbossa pushed Jack to the ground and stood above him a menacing look upon his face, he dropped his sword to the ground thinking this was it... his victory.

"You can't beat me Jack!" He said his chest puffed out like a proud peacock knowing Jack couldn't possibly kill or even hurt him. Jack drove his sword up into Barbossa's chest though it obviously had no effect on him, he just looked at Jack and sighed removing the sword.

He shoved the sword into Jacks chest. I couldn't contain the heart-wrenching scream that left my lips as I watched the man I loved with all my heart drive a sword through my older brothers heart, my Jack. Why did it ever have to come to this. The tears fell like waterfalls from my eyes. I quickly rose to my feet, Jack the monkey already perched on my shoulder, I ran over and stood next to my brother. He looked down at the sword that was in his chest and got to his feet. I tried to get him to stay down but when has he ever listened to me, he stood up and staggered back into the beam of moonlight that was coming through one of the crack in the roof of the cave.