Chapter One

It had been about ten years since I had stepped foot on Tortuga but I deserved a break it had been a busy decade for me, y'know the whole my brother leaving me here blah blah blah. Well other than that I hadn't been too bad, I missed Hector but I had caught up with some other people that I hadn't seen in a long time.

I was sat in the bar having a drink just watching everyone having a good time. I couldn't lie Tortuga could lift anyone's spirit even mine or it did until I spotted the back of a head that was all too familiar. He was sat opposite Mr Gibbs who I had met in the bar a couple of days ago. There was a young lad stood a couple feet away from them, I didn't recognise him but he certainly wasn't a pirate I could tell.

I stormed over to them and held my knife to his throat

"You have a lot of nerve showing up here after all this time, Jacky. I should strike you down right now." He gulped looking up at me with dark brown eyes that matched my own.

"My dear sister, I was planning to come back for you." He said not quite looking me in the eye.

"Cut the shit, Jack. Now whatever you are planning I want in." I said sitting down next to him finally taking my knife away from his throat. Jack told me how he was going after the Black Pearl.

"You lost the Pearl?" I asked Jack in a shocked tone. He nodded a sad gleam in his eye; I will have to ask him about that later. Turns out Barbossa was the captain now.

"All l need is a crew." Said Jack, Gibbs was reluctant saying there were rumours that Barbossa was not a man to be bargained with. You got that right. Jack was adamant Barbossa would step down.

"Prove me wrong. What makes you think Barbossa will give up his ship to you" Mr Gibbs asked in a mocking yet curious tone. I too was wondering how he was planning to do this.

"Let's just say it's a matter of leverage." Jack said as he nodded toward the lad stood a few feet away from us.

"Him? What's so special about him?" I asked. What could Hector possibly have to do with this kid, oh god it's not his kid is it? I don't think so.

"That is the child of Bootstrap Bill Turner. His only child, savvy?" Jack said. As soon as he said it all clicked, the lad was the spitting image of old bootstrap. I still didn't know what Hector would want with him.

"ls he, now? 'Leverage,' says you. 'l think l feel a change in the wind ,' says l. I'll find us a crew. There's bound to be some sailor's crazy as you." Mr Gibbs said.

"One can only hope" Jack said

We were just about finish our drinks when we chanted

"Take what you can! Give nothing back!" We clinked our drinks together and downed them.