Chapter Nine

We were back at Isla de Muerta this time I was graciously allowed to come with, unlike when Jack took only Will and look how that ended up. Speaking of Will, Hector had gone down to the brig to get him. We headed to the rowing boats with Will in tow, bound by rope.

We walked into a massive cave that sparkled, the cracks in the roof of the cave letting in moonlight that reflected off the piles of treasure. Gold, jewels and rarities piled all around he cave, no wonder this place had to of had a curse this was every pirates dream. It was amazing I couldn't stop looking, I was mesmerised. When I felt Hector pulling me along, one of his hands holding mine the other grasping a juicy green apple.

He pulled me towards a mound of gold. I could hear Pintel and Ragetti telling Will that he shouldn't worry we only needed a drop of his blood. Except that relief didn't last for too long as Twigg brushed past them saying that we should spill all his blood as he was only half Turner. I turned to see Will his face clearly showing he was starting to fret. I've always been the rational one compared to Jack but it's really not hard to seem rational when stood next to him. Normally I might try and save Will from his impending doom but as he lied about Jack "falling behind" I don't think I will this time.

On the top of the mound was a massive chest full of Aztec gold every piece an exact copy of one another just like the medallion. They shoved Will onto his knees bending him over the chest full of the cursed treasure. Hector reached into the chest and pulled out a knife he ran his finger over the edge of the blade. Just as Hector began his speech I felt pressure on my left shoulder I turned my head and saw Jack, the monkey not my brother he pointed towards someone making their way through the crowd of pirates. Low and behold it was my bloody brother. I knew he would get off that island although I have a feeling he would still be stuck there if it weren't for Elizabeth.

"Jack!" Will shouted which caused Hector to halt his speech and turn to where Jack was standing in front of him. 

"It's not possible..." Hector uttered a look of disbelief on his face

"Not probable" Jack corrected him. Hectors look of disbelief had now turned to anger.

"Hello Holly" Jack continued as he turned to me with a wave I waved back obviously I'm a pirate not an asshole.

"Where's Elizabeth?!" Will shouted at Jack

"She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington just like she promised. And you get to die for her, just like you promised. So we're all men of our word really, except for Elizabeth, who is in fact... a woman." Jack explained. Who the fuck is Norrington? Boy am I out the loop. I presume he is someone from Port Royal if Elizabeth and Will know him. I suppose that's how they got off that island, they must have been picked up by the royal navy. The crew of the black pearl started to surround Jack as Hector started to lose his patience

"Shut up! You're next!" Hector shouted at Jack as he put the knife against Will's throat. 

"You don't want to be doing that, mate" Jack interrupted 

"No, I really think I do" Hector said glancing back at Jack, his voice said it all he was getting really fed up now.

"You're funeral" Jack shrugged, what is he on about. Hector tried to ignore him and went to slice Will's throat but what Jack said had peaked his interest. He span back around to face Jack

"Why don't I want to do it?" He asked. Just before Jack answered he looked at me and saw the glare on my face he knew the look on my face meant he better tell the truth here.

"Well because the H.M.S. Dauntless, pride of the royal navy, is floating just off shore, waiting for you." He said simply. Barbossa hesitated but continued to listen.

"Just hear me out, mate. You order your men to row out to the Dauntless, they do what they do best. Robert's your uncle, Fannie's your aunt, there you are with two ships. The makings of your very own fleet. Of course, you'll take the grandest as your flagship, and who's to argue? But what of the Pearl?" Jack paused he strolled towards Will and the chest

"Name me Captain. I'll sail under your colours, I'll give you ten percent of me plunder, and you get to introduce yourself as 'Commodore Barbossa.' Savvy?" Jack finished. Hectors eyes lit up he had told me many times how it was his dream to be in command of his very own fleet.

"And I suppose in exchange, you want me not to kill the whelp?" Hector asked motioning towards Will 

"No, no no, not at all. By all means, kill the whelp. Just not yet. Wait to lift the curse... until the opportune moment." Jack said. Will looked up at him scowling but I could see recognition in his eye, Jack is planning something and I could see Hector had noticed it too. Jack scooped up a handful of the Aztec gold.

"For instance: After you've killed Norrington's men. Every... Last... One." Jack finishes punctuating his words by dropping a coin back into the chest after each word. Hector was thinking over Jack's proposal.

"You've been planning this from the beginning. Ever since you learned my name." Will accuses Jack. Jack looks at him and responds with just a yes as if Will meant nothing to him.

"I want fifty percent of your plunder." Hector demands

"Fifteen" Jack negotiated

"Forty." Hector responded

"Twenty-five, and I'll buy you the hat. A really big one, Commodore." Jack said. Way to sweeten the deal Jacky. Hector looked at me I shrugged I still feel like Jack is planning something I won't like.

"We have an accord." Hector smiled. He walked over to Jack they shook hands to seal the deal. Jack turned to the crew and ordered them to the boats. Hector and I glared at him

"Apologise, you give the orders." Jack was never good at taking a backseat. He steps back a smug grin on his face as he knew Hector would have to repeat the order he just gave.

"Gents... Take a walk!" Hector ordered. The smug smile on Jacks face immediately vanished.

"Not to the boats?" Jack asked confused. Barbossa just grinned as the crew exited the cave.