Chapter 3

"So Y/N. What's going on with you and James?" Marlene smirks.

"Oh yes, what's going on between you two?" Mary gives me an intrigued look, propping her elbows on her knees. I gave them a 'really?' look.

"Isn't it bloody clear that we're just friends? He just... plays around.. like always, nothing new." I wave it away. 

"Didn't look like 'just playing around. We're just friends' to me" Marlene says, air quoting my words. 

"That's what I thought! He never acts like this!" Lily lowers herself closer to the group. "Of course Y/N over here," she points towards me "is oblivious and thinks that James has no feelings for her."

"But it's true. We don't have feelings for each other!"  I take a deep breath. "We haven't said anything about you having feelings for him, you added this part in." Lily teased me. I feel my face getting hot. "I- I just... tried to.. defend myself! I don't have feelings for him!" I stuttered over my words, trying to explain myself.

"Yeah yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night." Mary shakes her head. 

"Actually, I think that James himself hasn't realized that he has feelings for Y/N." Marlene pipes in. 

"Okay, can we drop it? I'm sick of this nonsense." I huff, getting annoyed with them. 

"Alright." Lily holds her hands in surrender.

"I think you're right, about him not being aware of his feelings. I mean, he has too much pride to admit it anyways." Mary whispers to Marlene. I think that I wasn't supposed to hear that. But I decided to drop it.

I don't need this rubbish gossip either way.

••••••••••

Currently we're in the great hall, enjoying our feast. The sorting has just ended. I decide that I should go and look where the boys are sitting. "Hey girls, I'll go look for the boys." I tell them while standing up from the table. I got a chorus of okays and byes.

I decide I would check the end of the table, they always try to get as far away from the teachers as they can. 

Apparently Sirius had been incredibly loud on the train. Bunch of people have come up to me and asked about me and James, or just given me looks.

I spot the boys sitting almost at the end of the table, like I expected. "Hi guys!" I greet them, sitting next to Remus. On his other side is Peter, and across from us are Sirius and James.

"Hi y/n." Remus smiles warmly. 

"Finally you came! I thought you left us forever." Whines James. 

"Nah, she wouldn't. She loves us too much! Don't you?" Sirius mumbles over mouth full of food.

"First, it's not nice to talk with your mouth full," I remark. Sirius just rolls his eyes "second, yeah I love you and third, you better keep your mouth shut, Black, I don't need people spreading rumors." I threaten him with a glare.

"What? What rumors? For the first time, I swear I didn't start any!" He defends himself, actually looking confused. 

I sigh. He's so stupid sometimes! "You bloody idiot," I shake my head "about me and James!" I say while I grit my teeth. 

James and Sirius broke into grins and look at each other. 

"It's not funny! Can you stop spreading lies?" I snap getting really frustrated.

"Well, we haven't actually said anything. I just said Y/N Potter." He shoves some food into his mouth and shrugs. 

"Gits." I mumble standing up.