Chapter 15

I walk into the library and look around for Remus. I spot him at the end of the library with bunch of books on his table. I quickly make my way over to him.

We decided to talk about my dreams and maybe find some answers. Besides, here we can be alone because it's rare to see James or Sirius in the library. They avoid coming here at all cost.

"Hi Remus," I greet him and sit down across from him.

His head snaps up from the book he was scanning through and gives me a smile. "So, tell me about the dreams you've been having. I don't know much about them but i'll try to help you as much as I can."

I sigh as I revive the dreams in my head. They don't make any sense. "Well the dreams are just like regular dreams, but everyone in them including me is much older." I explain to him.

Remus nods his head.

"Not that much older though, like five years maybe? I'm not sure. But they have this weird feeling to them that I can't explain really. It's sort of déjà vu you know. Like I've experienced them but I know I haven't. And at the same time they feel very real." I ramble trying to explain it as simply as possible.

I don't think it's working though. Remus's brows scrunch together in confusion.

I groan. "I know I know, I'm not the best at explaining things."

"No, no, no. It's not that. I'm just confused by the whole situation with the dreams. Maybe you could explain what happened in these dreams. I think that would help me to understand better." Remus offers.

I think about it for a second. I haven't told anyone about the dreams, besides James. But I only told him that he died and nothing more. Let's be honest I would rather not go up to him and tell him that we are making out in my dreams and they seem real.

"I guess I can." I make up my mind and sit more comfortably in my chair.

I clear my throat . "The first dream. I was running in some sort of a forest from people I don't know. Suddenly I bump into James and we have this reunion. I don't remember it that clearly anymore but I think some people showed up and wanted to kill us. James told them to kill him instead, which I didn't like. Then we had another moment where he talked to me and um uh kissed me.." I stuttered out the last part.

I make eye contact with Remus who has his head on the table with his hand resting under his chin. He raises an eyebrow at me.

I look down and start fiddling with my hands in my lap. "And uh, he tells me to run and suddenly you, Sirius and somebody that I don't remember appear from behind the trees. There are a lot of spells heading each direction. I turn back to see James get hit with the killing curse. I run to him and that's where the dream ends."

Remus stares back at me and processes everything that I just told him.

"So, you were chased by some people that you don't know. You bump into James. The people want to kill both of you. Me, Sirius, and somebody else appear from behind the trees. And James gets killed." Remus sums it all up.

"Yeah, basically."

"Okay, that's uhm very interesting and horrible." He runs his hand through his hair. "Tell me about the other dream."

I cough and look down, feeling my face get hot. "Um this one is different.." I explain awkwardly.

"Well, it can't get worse than kissing James," Remus jokes, trying to lighten the mood.

Yeah about that..

I laugh awkwardly and crack my knuckles anxiously. "Um, it starts in a sort of a living room I guess. Me and James are sitting on a couch together and you and Sirius are sitting on a couch opposite of us."

Remus hums as he keeps his eyes on me.

I close my eyes in embarrassment and bring my hands to hide my face "Well, actually me and James were cuddling and he may or may not been kissing me. Sirius was complaining. James pulled a blanket over our heads. And Sirius said that we wouldn't want an accident number two." I mumble very fast.

"Wait, wait. I beg you pardon?" Remus raises his head from the table.

"I'm not going to repeat any of that." I remove my hands from my face and take a look at him.

He has tons of expressions on his face. He smirks "So you and James, huh?"

I hit his leg under the table and he starts laughing.

"I guess it did get worse than kissing James." He tries to muffle his laughs with his hand.

We get ton of annoyed looks from other students and the librarian. I hit Remus in the leg once again.

He stops laughing and clears his throat. "Sorry, carry on." He apologizes with a smile still on his lips.

Of course he's enjoying these lovely dreams.

"Anyways, you remind Sirius that he loves the so called accident and loves to take care of him." I explain.

"Aww.. I knew that Sirius was soft." Remus smiles.

I smile. "He definitely is."

Remus's smile disappears suddenly. "Did you say an accident who Sirius likes to take care of?"

I don't know if this can get anymore embarrassing.

"Yes, I don't want to talk nor think about it." I warn.

"Back to the dream. Fast forward Professor Dumbledore steps into the room. He asks James if he can borrow his invisibility cloak for some time."

I rest my hands on the table "He also tells us not to call him sir or anything, since we are working together on a so called 'order'."

Remus looks confused again.

I laugh at his face. "I know, it's confusing. Sirius argues with him and says that he thinks it would be safer if James kept the cloak just in case. He also tells us that he would never tell anyone our location. And that's where I wake up."

"Okay, wow. This was a rollercoaster of emotions, I'll tell you that." Remus rubs his face with his hands.

"But still, you and James?" He gives me a playful smirk.

I roll my eyes "Shove off. I don't want to think about it."

"Do you think these dreams could be clips of our future?" Remus ponders.

I sigh "Hell of a future for us then."

He nods and grabs one of the books and starts flipping through the pages. I grab another book and follow the action.

"There's tons of reasons and possibilities why this could be happening." Remus takes another book. "It says here that we often dream about what we desire or what we feel."

"I certainly do not desire of having children with James and him dying afterwards." I point out.

"Fair point." Remus shrugs.

I flip to another page. I stop and take a closer look at the text on it. "There is a text about seers here. I don't know if this could be the case."

I hand Remus the book that I just read. He quickly reads the page and nods slowly. "I think we will start learning about dreams in divination next week. Maybe we can ask professor Trelawney more about them." He suggests.

I nod "I think we should do that. But in the meantime," I lean closer to him.

"Not a word to the other, alright? Especially James."

He nods. "Don't worry, my lips are sealed."

"Good," I lean back in my chair.

"If you have any other dreams, write them down somewhere. In case you forget them." Remus says after a few minutes of silence.

 I hum in agreement. "I'll also write down the ones I told you about."

"Good idea." Remus agrees.

Edited 7/19/2022