Chapther 27

Finally, Friday arrives and our long waited girls night is here. We all have been so excited about it. There's just one thing. You see, Aurora isn't a Gryffindor like us. That means she isn't allowed in our dorms.

So we came up with a genius plan on how to sneak her in. Well, I don't know how genius it is actually.

I would have to sneak into the boys dormitory and steal James's invisibility cloak to get Aurora in. It would be easier to just ask James, he'll lend it to me probably, but no. I'm not talking to him.

So here I am, ear pressed against the boys dormitory door. Making sure that there is no one inside.

I hear complete silence and carefully open the door. The door creaks loudly and I slightly cringe at the sound. I step into the room and slowly close the door behind me.

I take a look around the room. The room of course is messy, as always. There are clothes all over the floor and beds, sweets are scattered on the table and some even on the floor, the beds are unmade and messy - the average marauders dormitory.

My face crunches up in slight disgust at the sight. But their messy room is not what I am here for. I quickly make my way over to James's bed.

I drop on to my knees and pull out his trunk from under the bed. He always has his cloak in there. I open the trunk and to my surprise there is no cloak. I furrow my eyebrows as I start looking through his stuff. But there are only his clothes and some quidditch stuff.

I huff and close the trunk and slide it back under the bed. I get up and start lifting his covers - maybe it's on his bed? I try to do it as quickly as possible because I don't want to be caught by them. That would be pretty embarrassing.

I lift James's pillow and find something else there. Under the pillow is a picture. But not just a picture. It's a picture of me.

I place down the pillow that's still in my hands and sit down at the edge of the bed. I carefully pick up the picture that's lying on the sheets. It's a small picture of me smiling. A picture that my aunt took of me this summer in Italy.

How did James get a picture of me, taken by my aunt, who lives in Italy, and isn't a witch? Did my mum send it or something? Actually, I wouldn't be surprised.

"You don't get what I mean, Padfoot." My head snaps towards the dormitory door where the muffled voice came from.

"Prongs, trust me, I do." There is another voice.

My eyes widen and I quickly jump off the bed. I put the picture back down and place the pillow on it. My eyes scan the room trying to find either the cloak or a place to hide.

"No, no you don't." The voice is closer now.

My heart is racing and I'm starting to panic. I really don't want to get caught like this.

I look over to a chair that is not so far from James's bed and guess what. The cloak was just laying there.

"How could you even miss that?" I ask myself frustrated.

I run over to the chair and pick up the cloak. I quickly wrap it up around myself just in time.

The door opens and in walk the four boys. The first is James, who is annoyed and goes straight to his bed. Second is Sirius, he is trying to talk to James. Third is Peter, who looks tired. And fourth is Remus, who just looks unbothered.

"James, I understand that you're upset-" Sirius tries to talk to James again.

"But you don't understand how I feel!" James snaps and turns towards Sirius.