Chapter 14

I lean against one of the sofas in the common room. I yawn and try to keep my eyes from closing. 

"Good morning!" Sirius shouts suddenly appearing from the end of the staircase.

I jump at the sudden loud voice and fall backwards onto the sofa, hitting my head against one of the resting arms. "ow" I mumble rubbing my head.

I hear laughing as I stand up. "Not funny." I glare at them. 

"You've got to admit, it kind of was." Sirius grinned. The other three stood there looking around trying to hold their laughs. 

"Getting a concussion isn't fun." I mumble still rubbing the sore spot on my head. I didn't hit it hard, but it does hurt. 

"Wait, what? You're hurt?" James's eyes snap back to mine. He quickly makes his way to my said. "No james-" I start to shrug him off.

"Didn't you hear the thud when she fell? It's pretty obvious she hit herself against something." Peter points out. 

"I'm sorry, I was distracted by the fact that she went flying backwards onto the sofa." James explains hiding a grin. 

"Don't you dare grin at me right now." I hit him against the arm. 

"But are you hurt?" James insists scanning my head and body. 

"No I'm fi-" I start to answer him.

"She hit her head pretty hard. I think we should take her to the hospital wing." Remus fakes a concerned voice. 

"I think Remus is right. Look at her, I think something is wrong." Sirius joins in. 

"What are you lot on about? I am completely fine and okay." I confirm. 

James takes another look at me "No, I think Remus and Sirius are right. You hit your head pretty badly. Maybe even Madam Pomfrey isn't able to help you." James fakes a concerned face.

"You guys are so annoying." I roll my eyes at them. I turn to leave but James pulls me back. 

"Where are you going, love? We need to see if you're okay. How many fingers am I holding up?" He says while holding up three fingers. "Three." I answer annoyed. "Oh dear," he gasps "I was holding up one." 

Peter, Remus and Sirius giggle quietly. I stare back at James while he looks at me with innocent eyes. 

"I'm going to hex you." I whisper. 

He raises his hands and backs away "Okay sorry, I'll stop messing with you. Just don't hex me."

I smile, satisfied with his answer.

"No but for real, what happened to you? You look like you haven't slept at all." Remus gave me a questioning look.

"Fun night with James ay? Knew he was too happy this morning-" Sirius smirks but is cut off by the jinx I sent his way. In a moment he is dangling upside down from his ankle.

"Sirius, I swear to Merlin, if you don't keep your mouth shut." I point my wand at him. 

He crosses his arms "Hello? Some of us would appreciate if they weren't dangling from the air because their hair will be all messed up." He completely ignores my threats.

Remus and Peter snort and James just laughs at Sirius "If you stop speaking nonsense I will let you down." I cross my arms as well. 

He rolls his eyes "Fine, I will not be speaking so called nonsense from now on." 

I mutter the counter-jinx and Sirius falls on the floor with a thud. We hear a faint 'ow'.

"Hey Sirius," Remus nudges Sirius on the floor who looks up and glares at me "What Remus?" 

Remus crouches in front of him. "How many fingers am I holding up?" Remus asks Sirius grinning and holds up two fingers. 

"Oh shove off." Sirius mutters and we all start laughing.

I yawn and stretch. James looks at me and gives me a confused look. "But what were you doing all night?" 

I wave my hand "Oh, we we're just playing truth or dare." 

"All night?" Remus raises an eyebrow. 

"What is truth or dare?" Peter looks between me and Remus confused.

"Wait is that the muggle game?" Sirius asks while brushing down his robes. 

"It is. I was surprised to hear that you don't have this games here." I giggle at Sirius's attempt to fix his hair and he gives yet another glare.

"How come we have never played it if it's fun enough to keep Y/N awake all night?" James questions. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" I look at him. 

He smiles at me sweetly "Nothing. Just that you sleep all the time." 

I scoff "I do not"

"Hey, since you're standing right here already. You can do my tie." James points at his undone tie that sits around his neck. 

I sigh and start tying it "I'm starting to think that you don't want to learn how to do it."

"Correct, I don't!" James grins 

-

"Finally the day is over. I told you that we shouldn't have gone to history of magic. It's always so boring." Sirius groans as he drags his feet.

"It is not that boring." Remus argues. 

"It is Remus, it is." Sirius yawns.

I see the blue eyed ravenclaw boy whose name I learnt was Jasper. He's with a group of people by one window. I smile and wave at him as we walk past them. He returns the smile and wave.

James turns back and looks at the boy "Who is that?" He asks scanning my face. 

I look at him for a second. "Kind of a friend of mine."

I see Remus and Sirius sharing glances.

"What do you mean by 'kind of a friend'?" James peers. 

"I mean that I'm not sure if we're officially friends. We've studied together a few times." I would consider him a friend, I don't know if he does as well.

"What's his name?" James continues with the questions. 

"His name is Jasper." I answer

"When did you meet him?" He still won't stop asking questions. Sirius coughs to hide his laugh. 

"Why are you suddenly so interested in Jasper?" I quizzically look at him.

He just shrugs "I don't know, I'm just curios who my best friend is spending time with." He places his hand over my shoulder and pulls me closer.

"Sure he is, right Remus?" Sirius smirks at Remus who nods and smiles knowingly.

"So, how are your quidditch practices going?" I ask James and Sirius to change the subject. 

"Oh great! James flew into one of the stands."  Sirius snickered.

Edited 7/19/2022