Chapter 5

I'm running as fast as I can. If they catch me, it will be over for me. I jump over fallen trees, rocks and other obstacles blocking my way. I look behind me. They're still chasing me. Well, what did I expect? That they will just give up and leave me alone?

Flashes of green, blue and red pass me by just inches. I'm most scared of the green - the killing curse. My legs are sore, I feel like I'm going to faint or just fall any second. But I can't give up. I use all the strength I have and run faster. I think I shook them off, I don't see them anymore. I try to turn right but I bump into someone.

We both fall over, the person on top of me. I feel sharp pain in my right hand. I look up. James. "James! I told you not to come!" I whimper grasping my hand. "And let you die? Are you crazy!" He whisper yells. He notices my arm. He takes it in his hand and takes a closer look. I make a brave face, trying not to show my pain. The cut is pretty deep.

"You don't need to make a brave face. I know you're in pain." He looks me in the eyes. 

"It's fine. Just stings a little." I shrug it off. But in reality I would like to cuss or cry. I don't know which. He chuckles "Always so brave and stubborn." He takes out his wand and mutters a spell. My hand heals, not completely, but at least it's not bleeding or that painful. "Much better."

"Thank you." I whisper as I pull him into a hug. Finally, I let the tears fall. Are we going to die? What will happen to our other friends? "Shhh. It's okay. We'll be okay, I promise." He hushes me, stroking my hair and hugging me harder.

I nod sniveling, wiping my tears with the back of my hand. "James, please go. I can't live with a thought of you dying or getting hurt." 

"I'm not leaving, you know that. We are in this together." He pulls away and kisses me. The kiss was passionate, but felt odd, like it's the last time.

On que I heard a snap. Me and James pull away. "Ah, look at that! Found yourselves, kissing goodbye?" A brunette woman asked with a smirk. 

James got in front of me, holding me behind his back. "You know that what you're doing is wrong. Don't hurt her, you can take me instead." He says confidently, but slowly to the woman. Not breaking eye contact with her.

"What? NO!" I scream trying to wiggle myself out of his arms. James gives me a sorry look. 

"That's no fun, is it? I think we should kill both of you." She twirls her wand between her fingers. "But let's make it quick." As she said it, behind her came the other three men that were chasing me earlier. They all had grins or smirks on their faces.

James turned around, facing me. "Y/N, know that I love you so much, no matter what. Nothing could describe my love for you, you are everything to me. I won't stop loving you no matter what." His voice cracks at the end. Tears are streaming down my face. I feel like I can't breath. "You have to be strong and brave. When I say now, you have to run. Run as fast as you can, as far as you can. Don't look back, don't wait for me, just run." He whispers.

"I'm not leaving you!" I cry, my voice cracking. He pulls me into a hug "Yes you will, you have to. Think about Remus, Sirius, Lily and the others. They need you. Do it for them, for me."

"I love you." I whisper 

"Boooring!" The woman yawns. We pull apart. "Kill me first." James steps forward, giving me a last look and mouthing 'I'm sorry, I love you'. "Whatever, let's get it done." She steps forward.

"NOW!" James shouts. Three other figures run out of the trees. Sirius, Remus and Frank. I hear a multiple 'stupefy' being yelled. I run. But not far. I can't leave them, especially James.