Chapter 28

I turn the page of my book and adjust the sleeves of my jumper. Winter is almost here and it's getting colder every day.

"Oh, look! It's snowing outside!" Mary exclaims excitedly and points to one of the Great Hall's windows.

I look up from my book and towards the window she is pointing at. It indeed is snowing. "Great. It's even colder than I expected." I mumble.

Lily frowns "I thought you liked snow?"

I take my bookmark from the table and place it between two pages. I close the book and put it into my bag. "I do, but I don't like the cold." I shrug.

"You don't like anything anymore. You're not in the mood to do anything, you're not interested in things that you used to be, and you're moody." Marlene groans, feeling frustrated.

I glare at her "That is not true. You're over exaggerating right now." The annoyance is definitely noticeable in my voice.

"I mean, it kinda is..." Mary says quietly under her breath.

I scoff "Okay, what is this? Why are you all suddenly against me?" I cross my hands and look at them. I'm both confused and hurt by their words.

Their eyes widen and they quickly look at each other. "No, no, you got it wrong. We don't have anything against you. We're just worried," Lily quickly jumps in and explains.

Mary and Marlene nod quickly.

"Worried? Why would you be worried about me?" I frown.

Lily shifts uncomfortably and fidgets with her hands. "It's about you and Potter. I do hate him, I think he's an arrogant git. But since the fight everything has been different. You two used to be very close, and now, you pretend like he doesn't exist. I think we all can agree, you both miss each other."

I look down at my hands. I don't know what to say. Well, I'm not denying it, I do miss him. Very much.

"Both of you are quiet and not the same as before. We want the old Y/N back." Lily finishes and reaches out for my hand. She takes it and gives it a little squeeze.

"I think you two should talk." Marlene suggests.

I sigh "I'm a bit confused. A few days ago you didn't want me to interact with James at all, now you want me to talk with him?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"When you fell asleep last night, we three talked for a bit," Mary points to Lily, Marlene and herself. "We think you two should try to talk to each other."

"Yeah, and maybe you could knock some sense into him." Marlene jokes.

I chuckle lightly. "Yeah..." I mumble quietly under my breath.

I do miss how things used to be between us. Between all five of us. Everything feels weird without the marauders. Maybe I have been too harsh.

"I'll think about it." I finally answer.

They all smile at me.

"Great, but no need to hurry. Do it when you feel like you're ready." Lily reminds.

I get up and grab my bag, "I will take a quick walk in the Courtyard." They all nod and say their byes.

I walk towards the Great Hall doors with my bag slung over my shoulder. At the end of the Gryffindor table I can see a certain group of people. I slow down a bit.

Should I say something now? Or should I wait? I bite my lip while trying to make up my mind.

As I get closer to them Sirius and Peter look at me. I quickly look down at my feet. Merlin, why is this awkward?

I hear all too familiar voice speaking. "Hello? I'm talking to you two! Could you listen?" The frustrated voice of James Potter rings in my ears.

"What are you looking at?" He huffs.

I raise my gaze and see all four of them looking at me.

Remus, Peter and Sirius look at me with sad expressions on their face.

Meanwhile James looks sort of shocked to see me. His mouth parts slightly as if he's saying 'oh'.

Okay, just walk past them, no big deal. I take a big breath in to calm my nerves. I don't even know why I'm nervous.

Right as I'm next to them I stop. I don't even know why I stopped. I turn to look at James, who is already staring at me.

"Hi," I slightly smile at him.

James looks taken aback and looks at the other three, as if he's searching for confirmation that this is really happening.

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

James looks at his other three friends in confusion. He quickly looks back at the girl in front of him.

"H-hi," He stutters.

Sirius, Remus and Peter snicker at their friend's awkwardness.

Y/N also laughs at his reaction and gives him a last smile before walking away.

James turns to stare at her while she walks out of the Great Hall. The black haired boy has a lovesick smile on his face.

"H-hi," Sirius mimics his friend. "Nice one, James!" He teases.

James turns to look at him "Shut up." He fails to hide his grin.

"You're grinning like an idiot." Remus points out James's face.

"I didn't realize he was that in love." Peter snickers looking at his friend.

James didn't pay any attention to their conversation though. He was thinking about Y/N.

"She said hi to me!" He suddenly snaps out of his thoughts and turns to the group. "That means, I have a chance to fix everything!" His eyes were full of joy and hope.

"Prongs will finally get his girl back." Sirius shakes his head with a smile. He wraps his arm around Peter's shoulder. "We won't have to listen to the endless moaning and self-pity anymore."

"What are you talking about?" James looks at Sirius offended.

"You know very well what he means." Remus snorts.

"Exactly," Sirius points his finger towards James. "Oh Y/N, I wish I could tell you how much I love you! You're everything to me, and I'm an arsehole who fucked everything up! Oh Y/N, please, give me another chance!" Sirius wails in a dramatic tone.

People around the group gave them weird looks.

"Shut it, I don't sound like that." James glares at Sirius with red cheeks.

"Oh my- are you blushing James?" Remus stifles a laugh.

"I'm not!" James defends and turns away from the others to hide his clearly red face.

"Aww, Jamsie is blushing." Sirius teases even more.

All three of them were laughing at James while the boy groaned and leaned his head on the table.