Chapter 22

"You're doing too much." I groan as I adjust my head on the books that lay under my chin.

I've been in the library studying with Lily for three hours, three bloody hours. Honestly, I don't know why I haven't left yet.

"No, I'm not. I just want to do well on our exams." Lily responds, not looking up from her parchment where she is writing something down. "And don't start the 'we have so much time until spring' talk, I don't care."

Well damn. "Okay I won't." I say slightly offended. "I just want to look out for you." I mumble the last part.

Lily sighs and places down her quill. "I'm sorry Y/N if I sounded a little harsh. I know you mean well, but I'm fine. You don't need to worry about me so much." She reaches out for my hand and places hers on top of it.

I raise my head from the books. "Yeah, I hear a lot of that from people and somehow they always end up in bad situations."

Lily gives me an offended look. "If you're comparing me to Potter and Black right now then know that, I am offended."

I look at her and can't help but start laughing. Lily glares at me but finally cracks and starts also laughing. We get hushed by the librarian which shuts us up.

"Seriously Y/N, you need to stop worrying about me, I'm fine." Lily reassures. I roll my eyes "Yeah, yeah, whatever." Lily gives me a smile and picks up her quill again.

"Honestly, you should worry about Potter." She voices suddenly.

I give her a confused look. "What do you mean by that?"

She shrugs her shoulders "You know, he has started to hang out and flirt with other girls."

"And why should I care about that." I scoff.

That's true. James and Sirius both have been flirting with a lot of girls this year. They've turned into sort of, dare I say players? 

Just earlier today I walked into the wrong classroom accidentally, guess what I saw? Sirius and some brunette girl snogging. Really, in a classroom? Anyone could've walked in, sadly that anyone was me.

But the girls don't last long, only a few days. It just angers me for some reason. I can't even normally talk to James anymore without him winking to girls mid conversation. Why do I care? Because it's annoying, nothing else.

Lily looks up and raises her eyebrow. "From that sort of tone, you can already tell that you care." 

I roll my eyes. "Why should I care about who he is snogging or screwing. Not my problem." I cross my arms and turn my face away from here.

"You think he's screwing them? Isn't it a little too early for that?" Lily asks taken aback. 

Do I? I don't know, wouldn't be surprised. "You really think that he would think like that? But I don't care and I don't want to hear about it."

Lily nods. "I just don't want you do get your feelings hurt, that's all. I know you have feelings for him and seeing him with other girls must be annoying."

I scrunch up my face. "James is just a friend. I don't have feelings for him; besides he's acting like a total prick right now."

Lily groans "Y/N, what is up with you for the past few days? You're so moody and not yourself. Plus, the relationship between you and James, what happened? You two used to be best friends." I stare at her "He's a dick that's what happened. Only has time to hang with other girls. Look let's drop it; I don't want to talk about that asshole."

The librarian yet again glares at us and hushes us.

"Okay, but we will talk about this later." Lily gives me a look. 

"Whatever." I mumble not wanting to deal with this anymore.

Maybe I am overreacting. I know that I can't control what he does or who he is with. It just hurts. We used to be so close and hang out every day. Now he's spending time snogging girls. This is a weird feeling. I'm not jealous, right? Of course I'm not, why would I be jealous?

My inner monologue gets cut off by a hand on my shoulder.

"Hi Y/N!" I turn my head to the side to see Jasper standing next to me. "Oh, hi Jasper!" I smile at the boy.

I look over to an awkward Lily. "Oh, Jasper this is my best friend, Lily. Lily this is Jasper, a good friend of mine." They both greet each other.

"So Jasper, what are you doing in the library so late?" I question him. 

"I just came here to return a book." He responds running his hand through his hair. "What about you two? Isn't it a little late for studying?" He looks over to Lily's book pile.

"That's what I've been saying." I mumble under my breath. 

Lily shoots me a glare but turns to Jasper and smiles at him. "I'm just doing some extra studying for our O.W.L's. Y/N is keeping me company."

Jasper grabs another chair and sits down at our table. "You're also nervous about the O.W.L.'s?" He leans back in his chair. "Yeah, I want to be ready and get a high scoring." Lily explains placing a piece of her red hair behind her ear. I smirk at her.

Does Lily have a crush perhaps? Oh she's not going to hear the end of this.

Jasper nods "Same here, well it's more my parents. They want me to pass the exams with no mistakes." He sighs. 

I furrow my brows "I didn't know your parents were that strict." He gives me a weak smile. "Well, it's expected from a family full of Ravenclaws." I give him a sympathetic smile.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Lily frowns. 

"You don't need to apologize. You get used to it with time." Jasper waves his hand.

He has told me that his parents are strict and except good grades from him. They are a pureblood family who has been always sorted into Ravenclaw. These kinds of families are sad. Another example is Sirius, it's horrible.

I look at Lily and Jasper who are laughing and having a conversation. I'll leave these two alone for a moment.

"Hey guys, I will put some of these books back." I tell them as I lift a couple of books off the table. They both respond with a 'okay'. But Lily stares at me with a knowing look. I smirk and wink at her before leaving with my books.

I go between rows and place back the books where they belong. I hear a sigh and a bang against a table not far from me. I decide to look who it came from.

I exit the row and peek out behind one of the shelves. I see Regulus Black sitting with books scattered around him, his head on the table.

Weird. Does he need help or?

I decide to move closer. "Uh," I clear my throat when I'm next to him. 

He raises his head and gives me a confused and an annoyed look. "What do you want?"

"Um, do you need any help with whatever you're doing?" I give him a smile. 

He looks at me like I'm crazy. "Why would I need any help from you?" 

I shrug. "It just looked like you were struggling. Sorry for bothering you." I take my last book and walk towards another row.

I don't know what I expected him to say. It was a pretty stupid idea.

"Um," I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and I'm face to face with Regulus who's looking down at his feet. "Could you maybe help me with my homework?" He mumbles his voice low and hushed. I smile at him "Sure!"

And I'm back! Sorry for the slow updates, I'll try my best to update more! I hope that all of you are doing well right now. My heart goes out for everyone in Ukraine, it's heartbreaking . I'm worried myself because my country shares a border with Russia, but at least were in NATO. I hope that every one of you can stay safe and support Ukraine as much as they can. If you are capable please donate or share posts. In times like theses we need to stick together and do as much as we can. Love you all and stay safe!<3

Edited 7/19/2022