(3) Mad About You

YT-Link: https://youtu.be/6EA-MIYY1bg

↬♥︎↫

Don't forget to click the music video first before you start reading ٩(๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و

↬♥︎↫

Katsuki's P.O.V.

"All Might died."

"All Might died."

"All Might died."

"All Might died."

Fuck.

I stared down at Deku. He averted his eyes before taking a deep breath in and out. I did the same because he was now standing riskily close to me. Close enough to feel a hint of his rapid breath against my skin.

I should've put on a hoodie.

He fidgeted under my stern gaze. Maybe I seemed unaffected by his words but actually, I was stunned and my head was full of thoughts and at the same time, I didn't think of anything at all. I didn't know what to do, so I kept looking at him, and looking and looking.

The creeping realization trickled into my head, and then it hit me.

All Might died.

Unlike before I felt only irritation from his words but now a mix of confusion and sadness made my heart ache.

In a way, I never knew it could hurt this much. It was hard to breathe or even standstill because at this point my eyes were blinded with anger, confusion, and disbelief.

This can't be true. No way All Might, the greatest hero of all time died just like that! Deku is spouting shit. Is this some prank he was out up to? I have never felt so furious.

Impulsively I grabbed Deku's shoulders and forced him to look at me. My voice came out hoarsely and rasped,

"What nonsense are you sayi-..."  Another glance at his wide-open eyes was enough to bring me back into reality. This was real and All Might really had died.

Fuck. This is real. For a moment I forgot how to breathe. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Why now?

I let go of him and turned away slightly. I started mumbling quiet curses under my breath and covered my eyes with one hand.

We knew it would happen sometime.

All Might was in the last couple of months in the hospital. He wasn't injured badly or hadn't had a fight with a villain. He was there because he was old and got weaker day by day.

The doctors already told us and our classmates that he hadn't much time left.

So we were prepared.

We knew that he would die not long after.

I personally already accepted the fact (or so I thought) but who in hell would have known that those three words could throw every little emotion and acceptance which I built up these last months all upside down?

I exhaled slowly and audibly to calm myself down, flexing my hand a couple of times and whispering another 'Fuck' before Deku raised his voice:

"I-I w-wanted him t-to..." He gasped out in uneven and erratic breaths. I still had my hand covering my face. So I couldn't see him.