Gossip

This little side story is part of the main story but doesn't need to be read to understand the main story.

These stories will not appear regularly.

I only write them to give the fanfic more world-building and insiders/thoughts/ideas which wouldn't make it into the main story.

Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.

-Joseph Conrad

---Gossip Part One---

The fight between Bakugo and Todoroki has spread like a wildfire.

Rumours circulated explosively through the school. Whispers and speculations were exchanged here and there. New suspicions and ideas were added to the rumour, the typical teen drama spice you see in a high school film.

It was not unusual for gossip to go around in a high school, and regarding the current circumstances, it was also one way to briefly forget the latest tragedy.

But that was not the crucial point in the rumour. Apparently, a reliable source has given out the reason the fight happened in the first place.

---Gossip Part Two---

"I've heard he said that 'This isn't for a show! So don't even think to intervene between us. Either you're in or out!" The female voice spoke silently to her friend, who gasped surprised in return, placing a hand on her chest.

"No way!" The female student answered excitedly. 

"And supposedly he replied with something like, 'Then let's settle it with a fight!'. What do you think? What does it mean?"

"Oh my, I don't certainly know, but someone told me that..." She bowed down to her friend to whisper into her ear, "They are fighting over someone!"

"Over Someone?" She exclaimed a tad too loud.

"Hush! Yes, and it makes sense with what he said after that!"

"Then what did he say?"

"Well, he said that....."

The girl's whispers echoed in the hallway for a moment till the piercing sound of the bell cut through the air.  A brief  'See you later!' and 'I haven't told you the best part yet!' was exchanged before they went to their classes. The hallway was cleared and silent till the next lesson began, and the students came in flocks; rushing to the next room, grabbing textbooks from their lockers or talking about this and that or spreading the hottest gossip.

Gossip and rumours are a dangerous game. A game everyone loves to play.