.14.

I was planning on checking the time on my phone but was instead greeted with 2 missed calls. Both from Shane...

I let out a sigh. I had completely forgotten. I kind of hoped that he had lost interest and moved on after this but a very small part of me hoped that he had not. I resented that part.

I was to tired to even unlock my phone properly so I redirected my gaze to the time.

9:47 am.

The day was still young but my mind and body were exhausted. It was pretty much over for me. Roughly grabbing my things and tidying up I headed out.

I felt like shit and probably looked like it as well. Passers-by would throw me strange looks every so often. Although tired, I still felt embarrassed so I pulled up the hood on my coat and kept my head low until I reached my destination.

I did not even make it three steps into my bedroom before I passed out head first on my bed. I was out like a light.

Sleep was fortunately kind to me for the first couple of hours but that soon changed when a dream of falling jolted me awake before I hit the ground. I hate those type of dreams...

The sun was being to set, shades of reds and oranges danced across the sky slipping in through my windows and reflecting off random objects in my room. The air temperature had also significantly dropped. A cold shiver ran down my spine and throughout my body.

I forced myself to get up. My muscles ached in pure agony at the slight movement and when I stood to my feet, my vision blurred and blocked out completely leaving me blinded for a few seconds and terribly dizzy. Once it finally cleared, I was left with a splitting headache which felt like sledge hammers pounding into my temples.

I still felt horrible, if not worse than I did before I fell asleep. Reason told me that it was my own fault for not properly taking care of my body and overworking it. I let out a sigh and unsteadily made my way to raid my medicine cabinet for anything to help me rid myself of this irritating headache.

After downing some mild painkillers and three glasses of water I took a shower. It woke me up a little more and helped me feel a lot better.

I put on some comfy warm clothes and decided to make my way to the couch to find a movie or series to watch the pass the time and distract me. I had no appetite so I did not bother to make anything to eat.

About half and hour in of watching a very predictable cliché romantic comedy, I went to fetch my phone after suddenly remembering that it was still on silent.

I now had 5 missed calls and 3 messages. Two of the missed calls were still the ones I had seen in the morning from Shane Frye as I had not cleared them yet but it seemed he had tried again around lunchtime as there was a third missed call however I was more focused on the other two missed calls.

Both were from my boss Kyle Jones about four hours ago when I was still asleep. All three messages were from him as well.

Answer the phone.

What the hell did you write in that stupid report this morning?!

You had one fucking job and you could not even do that right! Tomorrow morning come to the office and pack up all your shit, you are fired.

I locked my phone and threw it onto the couch next to me. A part of me was frustrated and upset but another part of me knew that this was coming. I resented my job and disliked my boss but I still needed the much needed income it provided to cover my living expenses.

It would be hard to find a decent paying job like that again. What was I going to do now?...

I pulled my legs up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them burying my face in my knees. It was a futile attempt at comforting myself but I did not move from that position for a few hours.

The sound of my phone alerting me of a notification pulled me out of my pathetic self pity session. I reached over to check it.

It was a text message from and unknown number. It was probably and advertisement or a scam message but I opened it anyway with the initial intent on deleting it right after to avoid it from taking up unnecessary space on my phone.

Hey... Are you still awake?

I was not expecting something like that. As to who it could be, my mind immediately shot to William Villin as I had given him my number a few days ago. I needed to make sure though as it could be someone else who may have accidentally typed in the wrong number or something.

Sorry who is this?

I guess that answers my question and now to answer yours, it's William.

I quickly saved his number into my contacts so that my phone would not give me any trouble if his number were to appear again.

You still there?

I debated whether or not I wanted to speak to him. I mostly lacked the energy and will power to put any effort into texting. A large part of me just wanted to ignore him but then I was reminded that he was human too and I still felt guilty for treating him differently.

Yes I'm still here.

Good that's a relief. I was beginning to think that you had tried to leave again.

I am sorry...

Stop. I thought that we had already moved on from all the apologies.

But still.

Relax. I have long forgiven you.

Thank you, but I don't understand why you still want to speak to me...

Because I want to. Is that a crime?