.12.

"I am here to pick up a suit. It should be under the name Kyle Jones." I told the shop assistant who had approached when as I walked in.

"Of course, please wait here for a moment."

Standing patiently, I glanced around the shop, it was not busy save for  two customers discussing most likely designs  with one of the other assistants nearby.

Uninterested, I unintentionally found myself watching the busy street outside through one of the windows. People were bustling about and cars were passing by.

Everyone is the main character of their own story. A story that I will most likely never hear. Each and every individual person lives in their own unique inner world, a world with their own thoughts and views, their own ideas and opinions and their own problems and issues. Everyone has a different reality and we all view the outside world through different eyes. No two people are the same.

I feel like many people fail to understand this. They believe the outside world revolves around them, a belief much influenced by being the centre of their own inner world. The line separating these worlds becomes blurred. These individuals fail to understand why others have different views or do things differently and it unknowingly upsets them. This results in conflict. They fail to realise that no one is the same as them. If they did, a lot more would make sense.

I let out a heavy breath at the deep thought. The assistant came back and handed me the suit and a form for me to sign. With a quick almost natural swish of the pen, I politely took my leave after thanking the assistant.

Unfortunately as I was about to pull open the door, someone on the other side decided it was the perfect moment to push it knocking me over.

I landed with a hard thump.

"Are you alright? I am terribly sorry I did not realised someone was on the other side of the door, here let me help you up." I recognised that voice.

"I am okay, I was equally at fault too."

I took his outstretched hand and he helped me up.

"I honestly did not expect to run into you here of all places let alone so soon Andrea but I am not unhappy about it." William gave me a smile.

"I have a boss with an expensive taste." I indicated to the covered suit I was holding that thankfully was still fine after my fall.

"Are you on your way to work?"

"Yes." I replied quickly. The atmosphere was awkward between us. "And I should probably get going. It was nice seeing you again."

I tried to walk passed him but he had other ideas.

"Not so fast." He grabbed my bicep successfully stopping me. "Let me give you a lift."

"But you have just arrived here. Don't you have things to do?" I asked him surprised.

He was still holding my upper arm. He was not going to let me run off.

"It can wait. Let's go."

Before I could do anything, he dragged me out the shop and towards his car. Which was parked nearby.

It was the same car that he had taken me home in from the Lemora Event. He did not have a driver. A part of me knew that there was no getting out of this so I just accepted it.

After opening the passenger door for me, he got into the car himself and started it.

"Where to?" He asked.

I gave him the building name and we were off. Nothing was said after that. The atmosphere got uncomfortable. I started subconsciously silently tapping my finger against my knee.

"I hate this." He broke the silence, slightly startling me in the process and successfully halting my tapping. I looked down guiltily at my hands. I knew exactly what he was referring to.

"I'm sorry." I couldn't help but apologise.

"Its okay. I knew this would happen." He kept his gaze focused on the road ahead.

I was quiet for a moment. I let his words sink in.

"This obviously happens to you often. People react differently to you when they discover your true identity. I have done the exact same."

"That is just my job not my 'true' identity... I'm still the same person that I was before I told you." He frowned.

There was silence again as he pulled over into a parallel parking near close to the entrance of the building where I worked.

"Forgive me. I... I was just startled at the information. I still have not completely processed it. I have no idea how to act around you now, my whole view of you has been completely flipped. I am terrified of offending you as you could completely ruin my life in seconds." I confessed.

"It was a huge bomb to drop on someone I won't lie. You have every right to react like you have done so far..." He still kept his gaze forward not meeting mine even though we had completely stopped moving.

"No... I failed to consider something important. You trusted me enough to tell me. You could have not told me at all and kept it completely hidden. In that moment I began to see you differently. It was like the William I had gotten to know in this short amount of time had vanished. But you did not. You are still very much there aren't you?"

"Yes." He finally looked at me.

"Don't ever change." I gave him a small smile. "Thank you for the lift, I best be going now."

"Hold on. Here, give me your number." He handed me his phone.