.8.

Unfortunately I lost the battle of who was paying but the rest afternoon went on peacefully filled with small talk after that. The comfortable atmosphere had returned and William and I had spent the time exploring not only the market but a few of the streets surrounding it.

I had completely lost track of time and found myself enjoying his company. Before I knew it, the sun had begun to set and the street lights lit up. We had made our way back to the market which was unfortunately beginning to pack up for it was a weekday.

"Can I ask you something?"

"You just did," William gave a playful smile, "but sure go ahead."

"I know that it was not any of my business to look but earlier when you left me with those documents to go and get food, I noticed that they had something to do with the social media platform Strinsta... If you don't mind I just wanted to ask you, since I was unable to find any information on you other than your name for the Lemora Event, what exactly is your occupation? I can tell that you are someone of a very high social rank." The question had been bothering me for a while now.

He raised an eyebrow at me, a playful smirk on his lips.

"It's no surprise that you could not find anything about me. I like to keep it that way for a reason." His playful smirk turned a little serious, "but if you really are curious, I'm the founder and CEO of said social media platform."

My eyes widened drastically as I stared at him in disbelief. At first I thought he was joking but his demeanour told me otherwise. He looked unconcerned about what he had just revealed and carried on walking, his gaze fixed ahead.

I stopped dead in my tracks and quickly pulled out my phone again to search up if what he said was true as I was still in disbelief. He stopped as well and turned to face me.

Who is the CEO of Strinsta?

Strinsta, a social media platform consisting of over 1.6 billion users worldwide, was founded 9 years ago. The CEO and founder choses to remain anonymous to the public.

...

The second unknown person I've researched today. After what I saw at the Lemora Event regarding how he was treated as if he was someone very important it somehow all makes sense that he is who he says he is. I believe him.

I looked up at William only to notice that he was now directly in front of me looking down at my phone in my hands before glancing up to meet my eyes.

"It's getting dark, let me offer you a lift back." He pulled out his phone as if to check something.

I still speechless at this newfound discovery I simply replied to his offer, "But we walked here..."

"That's not a problem, my driver has just arrived." He put his cell phone back into his pocket, "Come on."

Still being completely out of it, I was unable to decline his offer and followed along after him.

"You have a driver?... Wait of course you do."

He helped me get in to the back seat of the car following right after he gave the driver a location. Soon the car began to move, I came back to my senses. It was like a bucket of ice cold water had been thrown on me.

"I'm terribly sorry for all the trouble I've caused and if in anyway have ever offended you Mr Villin, I assure you that your kindness has not been taken for granted. I do not know the full reason why you wish for your identity to remain unknown but you have my word that I will not tell a soul." I rushed my words in a slight panic.

He frowned again, he looked upset.

"No Andrea, please stop. I have asked you a number of times not to address me so formally and I am still the same person as I was before so please do not act differently around me now that you know who I am." He turned his gaze out the window, "Please do not dote on me like I am some kind of deity. I am so tired of it."

"My...My apologies..." I looked down at my hands. I did not know what else to say, maybe it would be better if I simply keep my silence, my words seem to just upset him.

As if the sky could feel the ruined mood, it took that moment to open up and begin it's down pour. I turned my gaze to the window on my side watching the rain drops race each other down the pane.

I failed to notice that William had turned his head to watch me as if he was trying to figure me out.

The car soon pulled to a stop just outside my building. The sombre mood was still very prominent and I was more than relieved that I could now escape it.

"Thank you for this afternoon and for the lift." I gave a slight nod in gratitude before turning back to reach over for the door handle.

"Wait." He did not say it loudly or in a demanding way but it still stopped me and drew my gaze back to him.

"I apologise if I came off a little harsh. It's just that I don't want you to act differently around me. I enjoy your company Andrea even though we haven't known each other for long. It's really strange now that I think about it but I have a feeling that you do as well."

Yes it was true and that absolutely terrified me beyond belief. I looked away unable to meet his eyes because every time I did, it always felt like he was looking deep into my very being, like he was trying to uncover all my deepest secrets.

"You are like a mystery just begging to be solved..." He incoherently mumbled out the last bit under his breath.

"Goodbye... William." I stepped out the car and right into the rain. I shot him one last look through the window before running over to the cover of my apartment building clutching onto the strap of my laptop bag.

I turned back to see the car begin to pull off as I was about to walk through the door. I subconsciously smiled to myself and shook my head before making my way back up to my apartment.

After dumping down my things I climbed into the shower. I leaned my forehead against the wall and allowed the warm water to flow down my back.

I replayed the events that took place regarding William today. My mind reliving the moments. It was only then that I realised how I did not feel numb when I was around him. I actually felt something, a feeling that felt good, something I hadn't felt in many years. I was scared of this new realisation.

I still couldn't get over the fact on who he was either, it had not fully settled in my mind yet but I knew that it eventually would.

My mind was then drawn to the artist Azu. The other surprising thing that had happened today.

When I had gotten out the shower I had planned to pull out the sketch and had given me but unfortunately I could not find it anywhere. It must have fallen out was the only conclusion that I could think of.

Giving up, I decided to call it a night and attempt sleep.

Oh how a girl can wish.

I woke up later in the night startled, panting heavily. The nightmare was awful and had shaken me up.

I grabbed my phone from my bedside table and pulled myself from my bed making my way to the kitchen to pour myself a glass of water.

I checked the time on my phone.

1:37 AM

At least I had gotten some rest I thought even if it was only a few hours.