.10.

I stood at the door startled and confused at his actions. Another bright flash followed strikingly loud electrifying bang came.

The lighting was very bad. It almost felt like the entire apartment building was situated deep within the cumulonimbus cloud.

I debated whether or not to wait for the stranger when another bolt of lighting struck. The storm was definitely on top of us and I was worried.

I swung to door open and was met with a strong blast of wind which nearly succeeded in knocking me over. I looked ahead trying to spot his figure, he had his back to the wall beside the door and his head down. He had his hood up and his hands in his pockets and was gazing at the floor seemingly unbothered by the dangerous large mass of unstable air above us.

There was some roof covering him but it wasn't working very well and he was quickly getting soaked due to the wind carrying the rain.

"Hey! Are you crazy, you need to get inside right now!" I screamed as the rain began his harsh downpour.

Is this man an idiot or something?!

He looked surprised and shot his gaze towards me. The light from the open door danced across his eyes but I still could not make out his face as the shadows managed to conceal it.

I reached forward and grabbed his bicep giving a powerful tug and pulled him inside before he could do anything. I slammed the door shut behind us and turned to face him.

"What the hell were you doing?" I sharpened my gaze at him.

He dared not face me for some reason and had his head turned the side.

"I told you... I forgot my phone."

He was glancing around frantically at anywhere but me as if he was looking for a way to escape.

"I don't believe you... But you should be more careful."

He looked uncomfortable and anxious about something. I found myself inspecting his form. He wore sloppy light grey track suit pants and a black hoodie both which were absolutely soaked. Parts of his short wet dark brown hair stuck out from the side.

"I'm sorry if I have done anything to make you feel uncomfortable I will be taking my leave now. You better get dry quickly or you will get sick." I gave a soft smile. He seemed hesitant to say something but chose against it.

I gave him one last glance and began making my way down the stairs.

The storm was still raging on outside and probably would for a while. Hopefully it will have passed over by the time I leave for work in a few hours.

I heard the soft plodding of steps quite a distance behind me as I took step by step down the stairs obviously belonging to the guy whose face I had not seen yet.

"Um... Sorry about... That... " A voice spoke as I reached my floor.

I sent glanced behind me at him. He had caught up and had his hands in his pockets and was looking down at the floor.

I could see parts of his mouth and nose now but not very clearly as the angle and lighting were unfortunately not right.

"No worries." I waved him off.

He took that moment to look up and meet my eyes. I stopped in my tracks. My eyes widened and my heart began to beat frantically as I immediately recognised him.

Feelings I had buried deep inside myself began to surface and engulf me in their powerful embrace. I tried desperately to hide them and keep my form the usual stoic and unfeeling.

"You're Shane Frye..." The words escaped my mouth in a breathless whisper. How had I not recognised him sooner?! I then realised I had only ever heard his songs and not him actually speaking in years. His singing and normal voice are very different.

He looked unbothered by me stating of that fact and analysed my features. His intense gaze unknowingly trapped me.

I wanted to run but I could not move. My feet were stuck to the ground as he slowly took a few steps closer towards me.

"You know me..." He whispered out.

"Y...You're famous." I nervously uttered out.

"No, not like that." He searched my eyes.

It took all my will power but I managed to break our gazes and step away.

"I don't know what you mean." I quickly said as I began making my way to my apartment door. I wanted to escape. I could not handle being this close to him. I was completely overwhelmed.

As I was about to turn my key to unlock my door an hand was placed beside my head. I followed the arm shifting my body to face the towering figure before me.

He was close so close that I could feel his body heat emitting from him. He was a lot taller then me and this resulted in him tilting his head down to face me. There was about 5 centimetres between our faces.

A droplet of rain water fell casually from one of the strands of his hair and landed on my cheek. I was almost afraid to meet his eyes. It was if he had sensed this as a long slender finger tilted my chin up. He truly had become a gorgeous man with very fine features with his melted chocolate brown eyes, sharp jawline, soft pink lips and perfect nose.

"Who are you?" He sounded desperate as his eyes continuously searched mine.

My chest ached at the question but I was not surprised just disappointed. Unknowingly it reflected on my face.

"I already told you..."

"You are avoiding my question." He wanted answers. Some childish part of me hoped he would remember if I told him.

"Please..." He whispered out before his arm arms dropped to his side and his whole form fell forward causing his head to gently hit the door beside me as he passed out.

Startled I moved to the side and grabbed his shoulders to try steady him. I quickly inspected his features and placed my hand against his forehead. He was burning up and his breathing was coming out in short pants. He had also gone very pale.

I panicked not knowing what to do and tried to wake him as I used the wall and my arms to support him. He would not budge.

I did not know which apartment he was staying so I could not take him back. I knew that I could not just leave him so I did the only thing that I could think of.

I unlocked my door and hoisted him up. I placed one of his arms around my neck clutching it with my hand to keep it in place and I placed my other arm securely around his waist. I barely managed to get him to the couch where I plonked him down falling over in the process. I got up and fixed his position. He was shivering.

I nearly forgot that he was completely soaked so without thinking I removed his wet shoes leaving him in his thankfully dry socks and placed them at the door.

Next I tackled the task of removing his hoodie and placing hanging it over a chair nearby to dry. He had a white shirt on underneath that did nothing to hide his well toned lean muscluar form with washboard abs. Any sane person would commit absolute savage murder to be in my position right now.

Fortunately his pants were only slightly damp so I left them. It would have been awkward otherwise.

I placed a blanket over him and found a damp cloth to place on his forehead to cool him.

I sat across from him on one of the cushioned lounge chairs with the intent of keeping an eye on him. My mind was filled with so many questions.

I was to tired to give any of them much thought and before I knew it, I was asleep.