.15.

⚠️Trigger warning (attempted rape)⚠️

William and I chatted light heartedly for the next hour or so about simple things until he fell asleep. It was a good distraction while it lasted.

I forced myself to go back to sleep and thankfully I actually succeeded. It was a dreamless sleep, my favourite kind. Unfortunately my morning alarm interrupted it. An obnoxious sound that I really wanted to destroy.

With great effort and plenty of pitiful sighing, I managed to get myself ready and leave my apartment. Since I had been 'fired' from my job I was in more of a casual sort of outfit but still fairly professional and without realising it I forgot my cell phone as it lay charging on my bedside table as I was leaving.

I had left a little earlier than usual as I wanted to get this over and done with, I also did not want to run into anyone. Fortunately I was alone in the office when I arrived.

I began packing my things up and clearing my desk. I made sure it was completely clean for the next person who would be hired to take my position.

I was about to pack up my last item when I accidentally knocked it onto the floor. I let out a breath through my nose and bent down to pick it up. It had fallen underneath my desk. That's when I heard the elevator doors opening and two sets of footsteps entering. I froze.

"Well done Kyle. You really did out do yourself." It was the CEO.

"Ah well you know... Its not that big of a deal." Kyle uncomfortably spoke. To most it would have seemed like he was just being bashful about receiving compliments from his father.

"It is a big deal. I'm proud of you son. It's honestly amazing that you did so much in such little time when all I asked for was a simple report on Altrib." The CEO gave his son a pat on the back.

Altrib?!

"Ah well you know me father..."

"If this was your plan to get on my good side, it definitely worked." The CEO smiled, "Tell you what, in a week from now I will hold a meeting for potential investors and I want you to present your work. You have done a great job so far although it's a little rusty due to the short time period but it will be enough to attract them like moths to a flame."

Kyle just nodded with a silly grin. He definitely was enjoying the praise given to him.

"Oh dear," the CEO glanced at his watch, "I unfortunately need to take my leave now but before I go, son let's have dinner together, your mother is cooking your favourite."

As soon as the CEO left, Kyle pulled out his phone and dialled a number.

"Hey babe, you free for the rest of the day?" Kyle asked the person on the other end of the line in what he thought was a seductive voice, "Good 'cause I'm on my way right now."

He did not even bother taking a single step into his own office before he ran off in an excited hurry. A part of me wanted to apologise to the CEO and his wife on behalf of Kyle as he would probably not make it for dinner tonight. He would most likely forget or be to unbothered to show up.

Coming back to my senses I realised that I had hid under my desk like a weirdo eavesdropping. I stood up and grabbed my things. It wasn't much.

I left the building soon after and began my walk home. It felt like a walk of shame or rather it would have if my mind was not so focused on the fact that Kyle Jones had taken full credit for my work and fired me simply for doing it. I was upset but there was nothing I could do. Who would believe me?... I was powerless.

I heard tires screeching and a car horn going off drawing my attention to the busy road beside me. The car that was hooting drove off not a second after. I noticed smoothing small and sort of a brownish colour limp slowly off the road to the opposite side.

It looked like a deformed rat at first but I soon realised it was a kitten. It had been badly injured. No one seemed to notice it as it slowly made its way to the alleyway.

I waited for a safe chance to cross the road and chase after it. I could not just leave it. I had lost sight of it but continued searching as I went further and further down.

I heard a whistle behind me. It was a cat call. Turing around I saw two men approaching. Both had their faces covered and had creepy glints in their eyes. I dropped my things and tried to run but they caught up and grabbed me shoving me against the wall. I tried screaming but a hand was placed over my lips.

"Now now gorgeous, no need to run away. Just cooperate and we won't hurt you." The guy holding me twirled a strand of my hair and leaned in close. I could smell the alcohol on his breath. Revolting. I wanted to puke.

I was to scared to move. My whole body was frozen in fear. I read about situations like these often. I never understood exactly how the victims felt until now. I was terrified.

How could I be so fucking stupid?!

The other guy pulled out a knife. It glinted as it caught the sun. He tauntingly twisted it against his finger.

"Hand over your cell phone and your money. Do it now." Knife guy ordered.

My hands were shaking as I reached for my purse. I was planning to throw it and run but before I could even lift it up it was roughly snatched out of my hands. Knife guy raided it and threw it to the ground when he was done.

"Cell phone?!" He yelled causing me to flinch.

"Just hand it over baby girl." the guy holding me shoved his nose into my neck.

Still shaking in fear I searched my pockets. I couldn't find it. I was panicking. When they saw I couldn't find it they looked pissed.

"Bullshit!" The guy sniffing my neck spoke again. His voice harsh.

His grip tightened which hurt a lot causing me to wince in pain and knife guy walked up to us.

He pushed the silver blade against my face and let the other one slide over my body. I was repulsed. I hated it so much.

"Fucking bitch!" he slapped me across the cheek when he couldn't find it and I tried to kick him. The other guy just pressed up his body against mine completely. Even more repulsive.

"All this trouble for a few bucks and jack shit!" Knife guy punched the walk next to me causing me to flinch.

"Relax dude, let's just fuck her and get out of here." The other guy suggested causing knife guy to agree.

My whole body started shaking. I was terrified before but I was truly frightened. This was my biggest fear. My heart was pounding loudly.

I tried struggling and kicking but nothing was working. The knife guy began removing my pants.

I bit down as hard as I could on the other guy's hand over my mouth causing him to let go. I took that moment to scream as loud as I could.

Knife guy was thrown off by this and moved to try and stop me but it gave me enough of an opening to knee him in the balls.

"What's going on out there?!" a back door nearby opened and man yelled out.

"Shit, shit, shit! Run!" one of the guys who attacked me screamed to the other. They ran off leaving me behind.

I let out a long breath and sunk down to the floor fixing my pants. I pulled my knees up to my chest and hugged them tightly. I was still in shock and had tears rolling down my cheeks but I was saved.

I was saved.

I was so fortunate.

There are so many others out there who weren't as fortunate as me. They weren't saved by anyone. They were forced to suffer and live with the severe trauma for the rest of their lives.

Wide yellow eyes focused on me as a brownish coloured kitten softly meowed and limped towards me. I did not notice the man who scared off my attackers approach me. I was in complete shock.