.13.

I glanced at the device slightly reluctant to take it but his expression would not let me back out.

Giving up I put my number in and handed him back the phone before giving him a wave goodbye and leaving.

When I arrived it was no surprise that Kyle Jones was not in yet. I placed his suit in his office and got to work.

Not long after did an unexpected visitor appear. I shot up from my seat in respect bowing my head slightly as the CEO walked in.

"Good morning Sir."

"Morning. Is Kyle in?" He asked.

"Not currently Sir."

The CEO looked a little annoyed but tried not to let it show.

"Tell him to come see me as soon as possible before the day ends." He ordered.

"Of course." I gave a nod and the CEO took his leave.

Unfortunately is not like I could phone let alone message Kyle Jones to relay the CEOs words because he has threatened to fire me if I ever did try contact him without his permission no matter what. He will be the one to contact me if he needs something which was the very first thing he told me when I started working for him.

Three hours later he finally arrived slouching like a teenager and scrolling mindlessly on his phone.

"Greetings Mr Jones, the CE-"

"Not now, can't you see I am busy?" He cut me off waving his hand as if to shoo me away without even looking at me.

"Useless women." He muttered under his breath as he walked into his office.

Choosing to ignore his words I walked into the office after him.

"My apologies Sir but the CEO has requested to see you." I spoke quickly before he could cut me off again.

"Agh..." He clicked his tongue before harshly bumping into my shoulder as he walked out and towards the elevator.

I simply let out a soft sigh and returned to my desk to continue my work. I was planning on leaving early today so I needed to finish it.

Kyle Jones returned a few hours later looking terribly annoyed carrying a file and a few loose documents in his hands which he placed on my desk as he walked past.

"Sort this out. I'm leaving now and will be back in two days. I expect this to be done by then and you better not screw it up. If my father enquires on my whereabouts, tell him I working from home as I have a slight cold and don't want to risk giving it to anyone else."

Before I could say anything, he quickly grabbed his things and left the office.

Great more work...

I quickly finished up the last few things I had left to do and moved the file and documents in front of me. Skimming through them I got confused as to why my boss was tasked to do this.

It was a the brief planning of a large project called Altrib. Upon success the project was estimated to bring in large profits however something was not quite right. A few test runs had been conducted and according to the stats all had failed. I assumed due to this the project was shut down.

The dating on this project plan was nearly ten years old which had me even more confused. I was not exactly sure what I had to do here but I assumed this was a test for Kyle Jones and he needed to try find the problem and fix it. It was going to be a lot of work.

This irritated me. He could not even do this much himself. A large part of me did not want to do the work, I mean it was his freaking job not mine for crying out loud, why the hell should I do it. Unfortunately I knew that if I did not do this, he would just fire me. I needed this job, I could not afford to be dismissed. In this city it is very hard finding a job as well paying as this with my qualifications.