. 17.

I raced to put on something decent and neaten up myself. I could not have him worry further at the sight of my horrid appearance. I the midst of my frantic actions the door bell rang.

I shot a curse under my breath and walked towards it.

I suddenly found myself frozen a few centimetres from the door. It was if all my muscles had turned to concrete as fear and panic began to consume me.

I began to hyperventilate.

I could not do this.

My visions clouded as my hands began to shake.

Why was I so weak?

I hated that allowed myself to be consumed by fear.

"Andrea?" I heard William call behind the door.

I took deep my breaths and shut my eyes.

"Andrea? Please open the door." I heard him call out once again.

I wanted to open the door; I wanted to so blady open the door but my legs would not move.

I suddenly felt vibrations in my pocket seconds before my phone began to ring. It's sound momentarily snapped me out of it.

I reached down and clutched the cold metal in my hand. William's name flashed across the screen.

"I know you are in there..." I heard William sigh over the loud ringing, "Either answer the door, or answer your phone."

I squeezed my phone. My fingers brushing of the buttons to silence it as I took a step forward.

In a shaky attempt I reached for the door handle but once again I could not move, "Um... I..."

"Hey it is going to be okay." William's words were gentle and encouraging as if he knew exactly what was wrong just from my words. "Don't force yourself if you really cannot."

My chest ached at his words. Suddenly all I wanted to do was see him.

Fuck...

"I..." I took a deep breath, "I am sorry. I will open the door now. I don't know what came over me..."

It's going to okay Andrea. You can do this. He will not hurt you. It's just William. I reassured myself.

I began pushing down the handle. The soft click made my heart jump as I slowly pushed the door open.

"Andrea..." His tone was soft almost that of a whisper as he stood before me.

His strikingly handsome features and powerful presence overwhelmed me. I suddenly forgot all my previous fears.

His arm reached forward as he attempted to reach for me. I unknowingly flinched at the action.

He noticed and his eyes began to darken as he quickly grabbed me and pulled me into his arms.

I was immediately hit with his comforting sent and warmth. For some reason I suddenly felt completely safe like nothing in the world would hurt me as long as I was tucked away in his arms.

"I was worried." He slowly pulled away.

I suddenly felt very vulnerable again and began to subconsciously twiddle my fingers missing his comfort.

"Would you like to come inside?" I tried to give him a small smile but I doubted it was anything like I had hoped.

He gave a nod as I moved to allow him into my sanctuary that I called home.

He took his coat off hung it up looking around curiously at my apartment in the process.

I suddenly felt embarrassed.