.3.

I had a high temperature by the time I had left the apartment. I felt horrible, like real shit but I needed to go to work, I couldn't stay at home.

"Jane, I need you to pick up a coffee and a custard doughnut for me on your way in." My boss Kyle told me before he rudely hung up the phone without giving me a chance to speak.

My cell phone was working again thankfully, it obviously did not get to wet and damaged in the rain last night. Speaking of which, it was still raining or rather drizzling today.

The sky was different shades of grey and there was a slight cold breeze in the air causing my umbrella every so often to try pull away from me.

I clutched it tighter and walked into the same café as I did yesterday. For some reason I found myself looking around for a certain face. Once I had realised what I was doing, I scolded myself. I could not believe that I was looking around for that stranger William.

Sure I bumped into him for the first time here in this café yesterday but what made me think think that I would run into him again? I am so stupid.

Collecting the order, I paid and quickly left the café. I made another quick stop at a pharmacy to pick up some medication to help with my high temperature and cold, I was advised by the pharmacist that I should be in bed staying warm and resting.

I lied and said I was on my way back home to do just that. When I finally arrived at work, it was very unfortunate that my boss Kyle had arrived before me.

"Alice, you are late. This is your final warning. Now where is my coffee and doughnut?" He stood at my desk leaning against it with his arms crossed and a moody scowl on his face.

"My apologies Sir," I handed it to him, "Is there anything else you need from me?"

Kyle Jones looked at me weirdly, studying my face before he finally spoke again.

"You look horrible, be sure to fix that by tonight. I need you to accompany me to the Lemora Charity Event so study the guest list, names and faces and," he looked me up and down, "get a dress or something decent to wear, I can't have you looking like a homeless person. There are going to be a lot of important people there tonight."

He turned and he left just like that. I was a little upset, not only did he indirectly insult my appearance but I really did not want to attend, I do not like mingling with people especially the high society. They were all to rich and snobby and looked down on middle and lower class citizens like they were above.

It was also Friday today and I did not want to start my much needed weekend like this, on top of that, I was also sick. Unfortunately I had no choice if I wanted to keep this job.

Loading up on some meds, I got to work. It was actually not part of my contract to attend any grand functions and events such as this one, but if I was told to go, I had to go. The only reason Kyle needed me there was because he was to lazy to learn all the guests himself and wanted me to help him maintain a good image when he greeted them.

During my lunch break, which I often don't take. I headed out the building and stopped off to pick up a black cocktail dress and some more basics which I did not have with me. I could have gone to my apartment but it was a bit far and I did not have enough time and even if I did, I did not own a decent dress for occasions such as this.

I spent the rest of the afternoon studying the guests that were expected to attend. I was at a shock when I came across a certain name and face.

William Villin.

It was him, the stranger. Like a few of the other guests, I couldn't find anything else on him. Who was he exactly? He was definitely someone who was part of the high society, but I did not peg him to be someone like that. The picture was of him talking to someone else who had been cut out for obvious reasons, his face held a serious look. It was obvious that the picture was taken without him knowing or without him simply even caring. I wonder if I will see him again tonight... What am I thinking, I have got work to do.

By the time driver arrived to pick Kyle and I up, I was a total wreck. I felt horrible. Thankfully my nose had stopped running and cleared up thanks to the medication but now I had a high fever.

My complexion was extremely pale and sickly looking. I used a little more than usual makeup on my face to hide it which seemed to do the trick for now.

I sat next to the driver while Kyle was in the back making out with his date who was a very good looking busty young brunette whose short gold dress barely covered her huge assets and butt, it was not even the slightest bit modest but Kyle did not seem to mind, she had seduced him with it after all. I think she was a rising actress or something like that, I wouldn't know, she was not on the list.

Gosh I really just want this night to be over already.

When we had arrived, Kyle and his date got out first after quickly fixing up themselves. They walked out onto a red carpet which was swamped with press and photographers all racing at any chance to capture the guests arriving with their bright camera flashes.

I was not allowed to get out here with them, not that I even wanted to. I was not important. I was taken around into the underground parking where I was let through a quieter door, only a side passage and into the main room.

A lot of celebrities, multi-millionaires and even billionaires were currently present in this room. Kyle Jones had only gotten in himself because of his father.

Speaking of my boss, where is he? He should be in here mingling with the other guests right now and done with the press.

"Champagne Miss?" A good looking waiter offered.

"No thank you." I couldn't drink, not while I was sick and had just taken medication. The waiter politely nodded and left.

I moved around searching for Kyle, being extra careful not to speak or attract any unwanted attention to myself from any of the guests.

When I finally found Kyle, him and his date where communicating to his mother and father- the CEO and his wife. His date had clutched onto his arm and was sending flirtatious looks and smiles towards the CEO. She had no shame. Thank goodness the man paid no attention to her and only focused on his beautiful wife and son. I could see Kyle's date getting irritated at this.

It was not my place to approach my boss while he was with his parents so I simply waited and silently followed a few steps behind him and his date once they had finished, making sure to inform him the name and information that I had about every guest he was about to greet.

I really started feeling worse as the evening progressed. Kyle and his date had disappeared into one of the bathrooms together and were doing untold things to each other after she had nagged his ear off about being tired of meeting all these people.

Unfortunately I could not leave until he had. I placed myself not to far so I could keep a lookout for him and took it as a chance to position my body against a wall for support leaning against it so I could catch a breather and try regain composure. I felt really weak. I shut my eyes for a few seconds.

"Fancy seeing you here, just Andrea."