Chapter Ten [EDITED]

This pic reminds me of what  Hawks, Dabi, and Y/N's relationship would be like. I have a whole folder for their chaotic personalities lol.

~

"Okay, I give. Where are we going?"

You and Hawks had been flying in what felt like circles for an hour. He didn't seem tired from carrying you, but the air this high up was starting to chill you.

After the question, Hawks gave you a smirk. "I was wondering when you'd ask. We're going to pick up dinner."

You just stared at him, eyes narrowing slightly. "Well it's freezing up here. Can't we walk?" Your arms were around his neck, trying to stay close without being too obvious. Since he had on a big coat you were trying to sneak yourself closer. His grip tightened on you slightly as he felt you shift once again in his hold.

"Sure thing, but only if you stay over for dinner."

You let out a low groan, but desperate to get out of the air, you agreed. Hawks descended faster than you would have liked, and you hid your face in the crook of his neck to muffle your little screams. He laughed the entire time, finding it to be the cutest thing as you squirmed. When Hawks feet touched the ground, you jumped from his arms. A glare was set in your features as you straightened out your hoodie. Hawks had people staring the minute his feet touched the sidewalk. A few girls were giggling, pointing there fingers at him as their faces flushed slightly.

But Hawks didn't seem to take notice. He was still in full hero attire, strolling towards wherever it was he was picking food up from. You paused a bit, falling behind, and watching as he so casually strolled through the city. Confidence radiated from him, drawing strangers in who said hi, waved, or even asked him for a picture. You felt so out of place beside him.

"Hawks!" You were about a few feet behind Hawks, trying to keep your distance, when two girls rushed pass you. They knocked into your shoulders, almost throwing you off balance. The two of them didn't even seem to notice. "Hey! Can we get a picture! Pretty please, please!" Both of them looked only a few years younger than you, but somehow much more... physically mature.

The blonde man paused to glance down at them, almost as if he hadn't even heard what they said. His eyes darted around for only a second, landing on you with a relieved look. It only lasted a second before his attention was pulled away by the two girls asking for pictures again. He obliged, a smile still on his face as they snapped photos and flirted mercilessly. As soon as they finished, he turned his attention back to you. Both girls glanced up from their phones, finally taking notice of you.

"Come here, Sweet Bird. Keep up." His hand was outstretched, a closed eyed smile on his face. He was waiting for you to take his hand, something you were definitely not about to do.

"Oh please." You stuck your nose up, and rolled your eyes at him. "Don't get sweet with me, Bird Boy. Lets get dinner." Hawks chuckled, following you without hesitation. The girls were whispering something, but you couldn't be bothered to try and listen.

The two of you walked beside each other, Hawks whistling lightly, and you watching the stores pass by. He still hadn't said what kind of food the three of you were going to be eating, but your stomach began to growl with anticipation. Hawks chuckled when he heard it, and thankfully turned to enter a shop. You glanced up, reading some popular fried chicken logo. Of course he would get this if he was picking.

"I called ahead of time, so it should be ready," Hawks told you as the two of you entered the shop. You strayed behind a little, feeling out of place with all the people constantly moving in and out around you. Hawks once again was oblivious to the crowd.