Chapter Twenty-Three [EDITED]

~~~~

"A hero? Really?" Toga let out a laugh, and set her cup down on the bar. "And Boyfriend? Since when did you use labels?"

Dabi ignored her remarks, and took the seat between her and Shigaraki. The white haired man wasn't even glancing in is direction. He sipped at the drink in front of him with a frown etched into his features. Dabi didn't want to hear their criticism. It wasn't anything serious, he was just having a little fun. If Hawks got attached, that was his own problem, not Dabi's.

"We could use him," Shigaraki commented just before sucking on his straw again. "He knows more about the hero's organization than most."

Dabi didn't speak, but he did shoot a small glare at his partner. Toga noticed it immediately and let out another devious snicker. When it came to Dabi's personal affairs, he didn't want work to intertwine. Hawks and him were just having fun, but a small part of him also didn't want to ruin that. If he became more interested in Hawks personal life, the hero might get suspicious. Nonetheless would Dabi lose him all over again.
"We have Hajime," Whitney intervened. "And it's too much of a risk we'll be caught already-" she landed a small glare on Dabi before facing Shigaraki again. "So we should keep our heads down for now."

Dabi wanted to snap back at her, but he stayed silent. Somehow, she was always one step ahead of him. She knew things about all of them that no one else could have ever known. If Shigaraki didn't find an interest in the woman, Dabi would have gladly killed her a long time ago. Whitney was a victim of the organization, just as Hawks had been, only the two had chosen very different paths. Even Dabi had no clue where you were at this point. He didn't know if you were taken by the organization, or just moved never to be heard from again. It was a mystery to him, but somehow Whitney knew who he really was and about you. Telling even the league about his past was hard, and he trusted most of them with his life. Just to have some woman show up one day and know these personal things about them was insane to him.

"Fine," Shigaraki finally said as he finished his drink. "We'll leave him alone, for now."

The air in the room felt tense. There wasn't a word that was spoken until Twice and Hajime entered back into the room. A camera was around Hajime's neck, and he had this glossed over look in his eyes.

Dabi despised the man.

Every time he went out he was snapping photos of unsuspecting women, and drooling over them. Twice was always in his own little world, too distraught to notice. Shigaraki simply didn't care. He just wanted information, and it didn't matter where it came from. Both Whitney and Toga avoided him. Around the two, Hajime had no restraint. He "flirted" with them, and brought up his odd hobbies as if the two would praise him. Many times Dabi caught himself defending Toga when he got too close.

"Hey guys!" Hajime was too happy for any of their likings. He gave a wave, and ran his other hand through his hair. Everything about him was always so put together. "I got some new files today." He pulled a few manilla folders from his satchel and dropped them on the counter. A bit of dust puffed up from the dirty, old apartment being out of use for so long. Without hesitation Hajime flipped the first folder open. An average looking boy was there, barely over 5ft. His listed quirk was Reality Ripple. Dabi had no idea what that could entail, but it made sense to be in the set. Hajime was explaining how these five were all on the Hero's Commissions list of most dangerous. Dabi wasn't too interested until he heard a familiar name.

"This is Y/N L/N. She's my favorite." One of the creeps fingers trailed down your face, and he gave a dark chuckle. "Her quirk is unique. It gets stronger the closer it gets to a full moon. It's said she's killed at least twelve commission members with out even realizing."