Chapter Twenty-Seven[Edited]

12.29.2022

Hi, hello, I wanted to kinda get into the messy bits of this story. Also, sorry for being gone for almost two years :3 Life kinda sucks. Uhm, but, hope you guys like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The hallway felt a bit smaller as you leaned your head back against the wall. Your eyes wouldn't meet Hawks. There was still a twinge of anger wanting to build in your chest, but you forced it away. With him knowing who you were this whole time, it was only a mystery what else he may know.

Had he known where you were, would he have come?

You didn't realize you were hyperventilating until Hawks crouched down in front of you again. "Hey, do you need to move back to the room?" Your eyes were locked on the floor, but the blonde could still see just how dilated your pupils were. Your skin had become clammy, and both hands were shaking. Hawks knew these signs too well; you were going into shock.

Immediately Hawks jumped to his feet and ran into his room. The blanket you'd brought with you was on his bed still, and he snatched it up. When that was around your shoulders, he sprinted into the kitchen with just a quick glance at Dabi. There was blood on his chin, and he had fallen unconscious on the couch. His chest was still moving, so Hawks wasn't too worried about him that moment. He grabbed a rag and ran warm water over it. He had to try and keep your body from going into any drastic form of shock and try to snap you out of your trance. A glass of water was in one hand, and the warm rag in the other when he made it back to you.

Your body was in the same, slightly slumped position. Your eyes were still open, but your pupils were becoming more dilated by the minute. Hawks crouched back in front of you, and pressed the rag to your cheeks. Tear tracks were there, ones you probably hadn't even noticed run down.

"Hey, Y/N, look at me." Hawks snapped his fingers in front of your face. Even with this noise and motion your eyes stayed locked on the floor. Two of his fingers pressed into the side of your neck. The pulse there was weak, but rapid. "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." He knew he shouldn't move you, but it was the fastest way to get you to the hospital. Shock was nothing to fuck around with. "Y/N please please. It's okay. I'll tell you everything, I promise, just look at me!" Instead of the rag now, both of his hands were on the sides of your face. He readjusted you so both of your eyes could meet.

Everything felt numb. His fingers pressed into your cheeks and felt like air. There was still that anxious feeling causing your chest to tighten. When your eyes were forced to meet his, more memories pinged in your mind. Pain shot through your temples, and you thought you were going to pass out from the sudden rush. Your head began to lull to the side, but Hawks kept it from falling.

The severity of your injuries the other day, and now this sudden lapse in time was taking a toll on you. An average person needed to be hospitalized from something like this, but Hawks thought he could handle it. He thought he could take care of you this time.

"Shitfuckgoddammit." The words ran together as Hawks tightened the blanket around your shoulders and scooped you up into his arms. There was no time to check on Dabi again, so he just thought it would be right to send him a text later. With you now tightly in his arms, Hawks jumped from the balcony in the living room and unfurled his wings. Toni was the only person he could think of seeing right now, and the only person he trusted to take proper care of you.

The air had gotten much more cold as the days went on. It was nearing mid Fall, and Hawks could feel every bite of the icy air. He didn't even have time to pull a shirt on before diving out the door. The moist air was hard to breathe, but Hawks was flying at full speed. When he landed at the Hospital, he was shivering. Parts of his arms looked almost blueish, on the verge of hypothermia. His lips were cracked and chafed. Every part of him was shaking with anxiety as a couple nurses rushed forward.