Chapter 19

MINA'S POV

"You're up in 20 minutes!!" one of the staff said. I finally got my makeup done and joined the rest of the members in the lounge.

"How you doin'?" Jihyo asked

"I'm fine unnie" I replied and snuggled near her.

"You sure?" she asked again, and I nodded.

Chaeyoung then sat beside me and put her arms at my shoulder.

"Hey there penguin" she said tracing the strands of my hair.

"Hey there lil' cub" I snuggled more into her as she chuckled.

"You're up in 5!!!" one of the staff said again. We stood up and put on our mics and in-ear monitors.

We gathered in the middle and put our hands together.

"Fighting !!!" we yelled.

As the curtains rose and the lights dimmed, I could feel myself overthinking again. I can feel the anxiety kicking in. My breathing hitched and I knew I was having an anxiety attack. But I look to my side and see my members happy, getting ready to perform. I couldn't let them down, I collected myself and paced my breathing. My heart was no longer beating crazy instead it was beating like at a steady pulse. I can hear the the echoes and screams of the onces. I can finally feel my nerves calm down. I can't disappoint them too. I smiled and thought

'Even if I die like this I wouldn't regret it'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N'S POV

Our group's debut is only a week apart. Today Pd nim will put out word about us.

"5,6,7,8!" the choreographer said as we repeated the dance for our debut song again. As we finished the song, we dropped down to the ground, tired from dancing the same choreography again and again.

"Good job girls!!" the choregrapher said as we can finally rest.

"Can I be the floor in my next life?" Natty asked, we laughed at her, and stood up.

We gathered together in the middle and talked about how excited they were while I was drifting off to space.

"Y/N" Ryujin called me

"Oh sorry what was it?" I replied scratching my nape.

"Where is your family?" she asked I sighed and replied,

"It's just me and my sister" I replied

"If you don't mind me asking where are your parents?" Natty asked. I fidgeted with my fingers and finally answered,

"They died in a car accident about 6 years ago"

They were taken aback and the room got dark.

"Sorry if I asked"

"No it's okay" I said.

"Well then let's go to the dorm, we need sleep" Rosè said we chuckled, got up, grabbed our stuff and went out. We were outside JYP building when I looked up to see somebody on the ledge, at the rooftop.

I squinted to se-

I ran as fast as I could to the rooftop, my members ran after me also,

"Yah Y/N what are you doing!!" Soyeon unnie said. Still I ran as fast as I could I even bumped into her members and I told them to follow me. I opened the door to the rooftop. I saw mina there standing at the ledge 1 foot on the ground 1 foot on the air.

" Mina!!! " I shouted

" Don't come near me!!" she said teary eyed. My members and the rest of them saw the situation.

"Pengu what are you doing!!" Chaeyoung shouted.

"Yah Mina get off that ledge!!!!" Jihyo unnie shouted, remind me to wear earplugs when I'm near her? Thanks.

"Mina... Come down here" I said softly while walking towards her.

"Don't!!" she said and I stopped.

"Remember the ring...." I told her softly.

More tears welled up her eyes as she put on foot back and stared at the ring. I then thought of a very risky plan. But it wasn't too long until she put one foot back at the air again.

"Well then, how about I join you?" I said my members and the others gave me a look.

"You'll just pull me back" she said. I took another step.

"I meant I'll join you jump" I replied to her.

"Park Y/N ARE YOU CRAZY??!!" Soyeon unnie shouted.

She looked at me confusingly but let me join her but distanced herself at least a meter away where I can't reach her. Damn this penguin is smart. I looked down to see the busy streets of Seoul, if she jumps she'll for sure die here.

"Why did you join me here?" she asked blankly.

"I have nothing to lose" I said to her.

"PARK Y/N COME BACK HERE!!" Soyeon unnie shouted.

"You sure do have lots to lose" Mina said.

"Well the only thing I have to lose is putting a ring on your finger and you're about to jump.... ." I said to her whispering.

"Better to die with the one I love than to live without you" I said whispering to her again. I took her hand and smiled reassuringly.

"Do you really want to jump?" I asked.

She took awhile to answer and replied,

"Yes"

"Then before we jump, I only have one thing to say...."

"I love you" I said as I took her hand and put my other foot in the air. I waited for the moment she closed her eyes, and pulled her back off the ledge. She pulled my shirt as she continuously hit me.

"Why? Didn't you l-let m-me j-j-jump" she said sobbing and slapped my arms.

"Because I love you pabo" I whispered to her ear. She clutched my shirt further as she kept on shouting,

"I hate you Park Y/N! I hate you.... i hate you..... "  My tears started to flow. She hit me even more and I easily stopped her, I caught her hands and weren't able to move. She stopped hitting and shouting, as she rested her head at my shoulder.

The rest watched as the scene unfolded, having questioning looks on their faces. My groupmates had a worried look on their faces.

I smiled seeing her sniffling a bit as i tucked the strands of her hair back at her ear. I eyed her group members to take her. Jihyo took Mina's hand and the rest followed. They went down with Mina's head rested on Jihyo's shoulder. I almost forgot that my group mates were still here until my ears were about to burst from them shouting at me.

"YAH WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU"

"YOU COULD'VE GOTTEN YOURSELF KILLED"

"WHAT IF YOU TRIPPED AND FELL HUH?"

"DONT SCARE US LIKE THAT"

"Yes mother" I said while doing a salute.

They finally calmed down, and we headed for the dorm. While in the van they asked

"What did you whisper to her ear?" they looked at me with curious faces.

"You'll know soon enough" I said as I rested my body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~