Chapter 37

"How ya doin Liv?" Fin asked, stepping into Olivia's hospital room."I'm good Fin." She answered as if she hadn't been through a traumatic event. "You just caught me.""What do ya mean?"" He asked, looking confused."She's getting out of here." Barba said quickly.
Fin's eyes focused on the Cuban ADA who was packing up his friend's duffle bag, He smiled." You're going home with Barba.""Fin, I'm fever free, I can't stand it here anymore. I want to see my son . She paused for a second, and sighed softly. "Dr. Wilder won't release me unless... I have someone to... help me.""You don't have to explain Liv. My lips are sealed.". Fin said reassuringly. In this moment, Olivia reminded him of a young teenage girl caught doing something she shouldn't be doing. He was surprised to see her blush.'Fin."" Olivia continued, determined to explain."Liv it's ok." Fin said, sitting down in a chair next to the hospital bed. He watched as Barba zipped up the bag he had packed. He then grabbed a bag of food."Fin, stay with Liv for a few minutes.""No problem." Fin answered with a smile."Where are you going?" Olivia asked, trying to hide the sudden wave of nervousness that hit her.
"Don't worry, I'll be right back ,I'm just bringing these things to the car.""Ok", she answered softly. Barba quickly left the room anxious to get back to Olivia as quickly as possible. He was comforted by the fact that Fin would guard her in his absence."You, going to your apartment or Barba's?" Fin asked Olivia."His." She whispered, "Good." Fin replied. He paused for a second before speaking again. "What happened Liv?" He asked softly. "I'm fine Fin.""Really?" You had Benadryl and alcohol in your system. You would never mix those things ,you know better, there was glass on the floor. Barba found you on the floor! He saw you pass out!""Stop!" Olivia yelled, hot tears stung her eyes."Liv, give me something to go on."Olivia carefully got out of bed. She could feel her friend's eyes on her. She grabbed the clothes Barba had laid out for her, and headed to the room's bathroom. "I'm tired Fin.""Liv". Fin called."I'm tired Fin." Olivia repeated without turning. "I'm tired, and I don't have much time before I have to get out of here." She reached the bathroom, turned the doorknob. walked inside, and slowly closed the door.Fin walked over to the closed bathroom door, and spoke loudly. "I thought you wanted to get outta here.""I do!" Olivia said loud enough for Fin to hear her through the door. He heard sounds from the bathroom that told him Olivia was in pain, and having trouble putting her clothing on. As Olivia's friend, Fin wanted to demand she tell him who hurt her, so he could punish the monster. As an SVU detective , he understood if a victim was pushed too far, too fast that victim would shut down completely. That was not good for the victim or an SVU case. Fin learned a lot from Olivia Benson. She always knew how to get accurate information in a timely manner without making the victim feel pressured."I don't want to push you Liv, but...""Then don't Fin."'You need help in there? When Barba gets back I can get a nurse.""You don't have to leave. I don't need a nurse.""I'm not leaving until Barba gets back.""I don't need a nurse!" Olivia repeated. Fin was silent, and 10 minutes later when he saw the bathroom door start to slowly open, he moved to give her room. Olivia emerged wearing a long black dress, made of sweatshirt material. She was grateful for it's high neckline,long sleeves. and warmth. "I'm fine really." She said smiling at him. "I'm back." Barba almost sang, as he stepped back into the room. He smiled at Olivia and walked toward her. "You ready?" He asked, happily. He took her right hand and they began to walk together. "I'll be out here when you need me". Fin said, almost running out of the room, and into the hallway, not wanting to intrude on the moment Barba and Olivia were having. "You need a chair?" Barba asked Olivia."No chair Barba. I'm walking out of here.""Ok." Barba answered. Fin watched as the ADA gently and protectively wrapped his arm around Olivia. "Take your time," Barba said, guiding her out of the room, and into the hallway where Finn was waitting. Fin decided to walk a few feet ahead of them."Call if you need anything Olivia." Dr. Wilder called as the pair inched closer to the hospital's exit doors. "Thank-you", Dr. Wilder." Olivia said. She wanted to say more to the woman, but she was too busy concentrating on her footsteps."Fin can you hold Liv's arm for a minute?" Barba asked when he and Olivia finally made it to the exit doors."You got it." Fin said getting into position to help the woman he considered his sister. As soon as Barba let go Fin grabbed her arm."It's snowing", Barba said, taking off his coat , and wrapping it around her. Fin helped her put one arm through one of the coat's sleeves, Barba helped her with the other. Fin moved a few inches away from them. He watched as Barba adjusted the black coat, so that Olivia was fully covered."Barba I can't take your coat." Olivia protested."It's a short walk to the car. I'll be fine.""But... Olivia began "Liv, the last thing I want is for you to end up here again." He said wrapping his arm around her once more.. Fin opened the doors, and they all exited the hospital. Barba parked his car in the front, and within a few minutes they were by his car. Fin watched as Barba gently helped her into his car."My car is over there. Fin said pointing to the car in the parking space 2 spots over."Thank you Fin!" Olivia called."No need to thank me Liv." Fin answered walking away. I'll call you.""I'm right here."" Barba said to Olivia before closing the passenger side door. "Fin!""Don't thank me, we'll be in touch." Fin yelled back. Barba got into the driver's seat of his car shut the door, started the engine, and drove away.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Olivia stared straight ahead, and said nothing the entire drive to Barba's apartment building, but she smiled up at him when he opened the passenger side door, and led her out of the car. He felt her squeeze his hand as he led her to the elevator. and out of it. Soon, they were standing by his apartment. He saw what he thought was sadness in her eyes when he let go of her hand to unlock his door. "This is where I live." He said softly. He opened the door, and took her hand in his again. They walked through the front door, and immediately before she could take in her new surroundings she heard a voice. "Welcome home." Lucia Barba said. "Benson I'm so glad you're here."