Chapter 25

It was Wednesday night at 9PM. Olivia walked briskly toward a red brick house which was once a single family home, but now had a small apartment upstairs. The renter of that apartment was Dr. Brad Taylor. Tonight, was the first time she was visiting him here. She still preferred to meet the doctor in public places, and she was happy that he respected that, but she knew, soon meeting him in public places only would be unacceptable to him. She couldn't blame him. They had been dating for 6 months now, and in that time he had never seen the inside of her apartment. He met Lucy and spent time with Noah outside. She was giving Dr. Taylor the chance he asked for, but she didn't want him inside her home unless this relationship was serious. She had to think of Noah first. In truth she always preferred to meet her dates in public places. Every civilian man she managed to have a short relationship with in her adult life eventually argued with her about it. They yelled that she didn't trust them and that she had intimacy issues. She didn't want to have that same fight with Dr. Taylor, just the thought of it gave her an uneasy feeling, and she didn't know why. Brad was very good to her. He took her to museums, something no other boyfriend had done, even through she asked countless times, She never saw him drink. He took her on rides through Central Park. he was teaching her how to play Tennis, they ate together in nice restaurants, and most of their conversations revolved around him. She liked that he enjoyed talking about himself, and she felt at times that he needed her. He loved taking her to charity events, and showing her off. Olivia was not a vain person, but it made her feel beautiful. She reached the house, walked up it's 2 front steps, and knocked on the red door in front of her.

"Hello?" an unknown women's voice said. through the intercom.

"Hello I'm here to see Dr. Brad Taylor."

"Oh. I'm his landlady dear. You must be Olivia Benson. I'll buzz you in." Olivia opened the door after she head the sound of the buzzer, and within moments she was standing inside the building. In front of her was a very steep staircase, to the right of her was the living quarters of the landlady. "His apartment is up these stairs be careful." The woman said. She walked to Olivia's side. "I'm Florence Zappa." Olivia turned to face the landlady she guessed was about 80.

Olivia smiled, and gently shook the woman's hand. "Olivia Benson."

"You have a nice fella there. He always pays the rent on time, he shovels the driveway without being asked when it snows, he always asks me if I need anything when he goes to the store, he's clean. We split the cost of a cleaning lady, He's quiet, but since he met you he talks a little more. You're good for him."

"Oh that's good to know. "Thank-you Ms. Zappa. "

"Call me Florence dear."

"Ok. Florence. Is Dr. Taylor home yet?"

Olivia, I'll be right down." Brad called.

"Don't worry I'm coming up. It was nice meeting you Florence." Olivia said as she stepped onto the staircase. She walked up the stairs carefully, Dr. Taylor was waiting at the top for her. He backed away to give her room to walk. Olivia found herself in a living room/ dinning room area. "This is nice Brad. How long have you lived here?"

"The last 10 years, I can afford to move at anytime, as tiny as this apartment is, it's enough space for me. I'm hardly ever here. I'll move when I marry Miss Right.."

"Oh" Olivia said softly. Your landlady seems nice."

"She's very kind, I try to help her as much as I can. I promised myself even when I move I'll go out of my way to help her. Sit down please." He said leading her to a small brown sofa. She sat down and he followed. "How was your day?"