Chapter 14

It was 1PM. on a Friday. "Whose in charge here." A woman said walking quickly into The Special Victims Unit. Olivia heard a mixture of nervousness and anger in her voice. A man walked beside her. Olivia walked toward them.

"I'm Lieutenant Olivia Benson. "Can I help you? Do you need to report something?" Olivia asked in her gentle voice, the voice she spoke in when dealing with a new victim, a victim who had not had the time to process what happened to them yet.

"I need to speak to the person who talked to Nicole Price." The woman said quickly, her voice was full of bitterness. Fin got up quickly from his desk and stood behind Olivia in case he was needed Rollins and Carisi followed his action. The angry woman took 2 small steps closer to Olivia, she stood just inches from her face. Olivia quickly took 3 steps back. She put her hands up. "Ok. step back, I know you're upset but getting in my face won't help you." She said as she took another step back.

"You think I'm worried about myself, I'm not!

"What are you worried about?" Olivia asked calmly.

"I need to speak to whoever spoke to Nicole Price."

"I can't talk to you about anything. I can talk to you if you have a crime to report."

"How about I talk to you then?" The woman replied bitterly. "I'm Victoria Glen, Victor Glen's mother. That stupid girl is a liar! My son is not s rapist! Is he being charged?"

"Ms. Glen. Olivia answered, taking another step back. "Your son is an adult, I can't discuss him with you."

"Is he being charged? Victoria screamed.

Fin, Rollins, and Carisi inched closer to Olivia. "Your son's over 18. You have to get your information from him." Fin said. Victoria took a step toward Olivia. "You need to calm down lady." We can't help you." Fin continued. He was starting to get nervous.

Victoria took a step back, and then slowly she took a deep breath. "You can talk to me if I report a crime?" She asked as she stared at Olivia, her voice was now cold, but calm.

"Yes I can." Olivia answered.

"That little girl, that twit is blackmailing me, my husband, my entire family." Victoria answered turning to look at her husband, the man who had walked into the unit beside her. The man looked like he hadn't slept in days.

"How?" Olivia asked calmly.

"Blackmail is illegal. You tell her if she doesn't stop, I'm pressing charges against her. Talk to her Lieutenant . Please, talk to her." Victoria said, her voice cracking. "You can't talk to me about anything, but you can talk to her. Please talk to her. I don't want this to destroy my family. I'm sorry." Victoria turned, and grabbed her husband's hand. She ran into the elevator with him.

"Let's get back to work", Olivia said. She almost ran to her office. She closed the door behind her. She stood by her desk, picked up the phone and dialed quickly. Nicole's voicemail picked up on the 3rd ring. "Nicole it's Olivia Benson. I get that you don't want to talk, but it's very important that you call me back. Something just came up." Olivia left her cell number and hung up the phone, she sat down. She covered her face with her hands for a quick moment, then stared on some paperwork.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Is Liv in her office?" Barba asked Rollins and Carisi, as he walked into the squad room at 6:30PM.

"Yeah", they answered in unison, there was something about the tone of their answer that made Barba uneasy. He studied the faces of the couple.

"What? What's the problem?"