Chapter 23

"Ano ba naman 'yan kisaw ka nang kisaw! Magpirmi ka nga sa upuan mo!" Saway ko kay Marco na kanina pa galaw nang galaw sa upuan.

"Tanga teka lang! Napaka arte mo, palibhasa kase wala kang pakiramdam kaya 'di mo maramdaman 'yung story," sagot niya habang nagpupunas ng luha niya.

He's literally crying even when the movie is not yet starting. I asked him why he's already crying, ang sabi niya alam niya na raw 'yung ending ng movie dahil may nag-spoil sa kaniya. Naiiyak daw siya kase naiisip niya na agad 'yung mangyayari.

"Pwede bang tumigil kayo kasisigaw! 'Di na kayo nahiya dinala niyo pa sa sinehan 'yang lakas ng ngala ngala niyo!" Liliane spoke beside me.

I hit Marco's chest and raised my fist on the air like I'm going to punch him. He didn't mind my threat and continued wiping his tears. I just shook my head and turn my attention back to the movie.

Lilane, Arni, Marco and I decided to go on a movie date today. The plan was actually supposed to be a date betweem the other girls and I, but since Marco overheard it, he insisted to go with us.

Marco became friends with the other two when he always go with me during my stay in Ateneo for my second degree. Since I always bring him with me, they got along together eventually. He's some sort of a new addition to the squad.

The movie wasn't that heavy until it reached the climax. The girl found out that his man was cheating on her with her best friend. She doesn't know it until they celebrated their 6th year anniversary. She caught her boyfriend sleeping with her best friend when she was about to surprise him for their anniversary.

As usual, the girl was brokenhearted. She was devastated. She cried and been at her lowest. The female lead decided to go away and heal in another place. She chose to live abroad and started living for herself.

I suddenly remembered myself upon realizing how similar our story is. The memory of me, crying and yielding the pain of my heartbreak at the same time came to me flashing, and seem to bring back the torment I felt years ago.

It was really the same, I can really see myself from her. From the point where she was hurting alone, to the scene where she finally chose to save herself.

[Hello, Ara, anong aalis? What do you mean aalis?] Arni nervously asked through the phone. I can hear her shaking voice.

She called immediately right after she received my text message. Good thing I didn't turned off my phone yet.

My tears were falling non-stop as I continue driving the car. My sight is getting blurry but I still managed to drive smoothly.

The rain also started pouring that made it more challenging to drive.

[Hoy, nasaan ka ba? You're getting me worried,] Arni spoke again when she didn't received any response from me.

My heart is throbbing in pain as I speed up the car to the airport. Not minding the slippery road. I didn't stop crying since I left Katipunan to leave France's gift. The sky seem to feel my loneliness and started sympathizing with me.

"I'm so... I'm sorry, Arni" my voice is trembling so hard. I wonder if Arni can still recognize my voice.

[Hey, come home now. Let's talk. Hayaan mo na si France.] She begged.

I can clearly hear her desperation to make me come home, but she didn't succeeded. I already made up my mind. I need to go far away to heal my wounds. I needed this to save myself.

"I'm sorry, I have to... I have to go. I'm sorry if I didn't tell you about this, I accepted my Aunt's offer. I'm leaving today," I wiped my tears and tried to fix my voice.