Chapter 22

"Are you okay? You look so shocked," he said with a grin, obviously just to tease me.

My body won't move an inch from my position. I'm too stunned to even process what's going on. I feel so stressed and problematic. Damn you brother!

Kasasabi ko lang kahapon na gagawin ko ang lahat para lang di lumiiit ang mundo naming dalawa, pero ano nanaman 'to? Jusmiyo papatayin mo ata ako sa stress, lord.

I'm mentally cursing my brother nonstop for causing me so much trouble. How dare him set me up with my ex? He knew all along about my past with this man he should have known better.

If only killing is not a crime. 

" Shall we start? I suppose we should have, we don't have all the time," he said in a monotone. There's something in his tone that makes me realize how unprofessional I was. It was more of like he said that to guilt trip me.

I want to answer and say a word but my mouth won't let me. Instead, I just looked in him with my fiery eyes to show how pissed I am with the situation. There's no way for this day to turn out fine.

Does he know something about this? I don't get it. Why would he agree to this kind of shit? Is this his way of bragging his status and showing off how his life went perfect without me? 

I closed my eyes and tried to compose myself. I shouldn't fall to his game. I should play with my own deck of cards. If he wants to play, the I should give him a fight.

I quickly walk away from the table to at catch some air and run from that suffocating scene. 

I raised my hand to signal him that I'll be back and just wait for me. I didn't bother if he got what I meant. He didn't follow me anyway, so I assume he understood. I rushed to the washroom and let out a small meltdown. 

I quickly dialed my brother's number and wait for him to answer. I walked back and forth around the restroom and I looked like someone who has lost her sanity. Good thing there's no other people in the restroom and I can do all the thing I want to release my anger.

"Hello? Bwisit ka kuya, babaugin kita pagka-uwi ko mamaya! Pisti ka ihanda mo 'yang ngala-ngala mo dahil papasakan ko 'yan ng pitong hollow blocks yawa ka!" Asar na sabi ko pagkasagot ng kapatid ko sa kabilang linya.

I can imagine how he distance the phone from his ears while covering the speaker just so he couldn't hear me blabber.

[Would you please calm down?] He said on the phone, barely audible.

Maybe he really put the phone away from his ear to make sure he won't hear my screams.

"Calm down? Calm down mo itlog mo deputa ka! Bakit 'di mo sinabing 'yung ex ko 'yung kikitain ko ngayon?" Inis pa rin na tugon ko sa telepono.

[Why are you acting strange? Should you not be thankful to me instead? I'm being the bridge for your love story's continuation. Isn't it romantic?] I heard him chuckle over the other line.

"Ahh thankful? Gusto mo bang silaban ko 'yang anak mo pagka-uwi ko? Tapos magpasalamat ka rin sa'kin," I said in a hard tone.

I leaned on the sink to support my weight. I opened the faucet unconsciously and let the water flow through it. Hindi ko rin alam kung bakit ko sinindian ang gripo. Masyado lang akong lutang as of the moment.

[Sus, would you do what I asked you if you knew you're meeting your ex?] Aniya.

"Syempre hindi bobo kang timawa ka!" Sigaw ko sa kaniya.

[See, edi 'yan ang reason kung bakit 'di ko sinabi sa'yo! Saka why do you need to stress yourself? It's all business. 'Di ko naman sinabi sa'yo na makipagbalikan ka sa kaniya. Why? Are you still affected?] He asked as if he's throwing me the most intriguing question.