Chapter 11

He said it clearly but my mind seem to not work properly to process every single word he says. My mind refuses to believe what my ear just hear for it is so sudden and unbelievable.

On the back of my mind, there's something in me that wanted to celebrate because of his confession. It's like a fairytale that came into real life. I can feel the millions of butterfly that rumble in my stomach. 

He didn't remove his stares on me. His eyes were so certain like he thought of this for a very long time. I've never seen a very sure look in my entire life, until now. If there's something to describe certainty, his expression would be the perfect example.

"What? Aren't you going to say something?" Nawawalan ng pasensya na aniya.

"Hu-huh?" Nauutal at hindi nakapaniwalang tugon ko.

I tried to match his stares, but my eyes couldn't seem to last a second. The intensity in his eyes would make anyone who look at it melt in an instant. His stares are too extreme to withstand, and too hot handle.

A moment of silence lingered in the whole place. Suddenly it feels like we're the only people in the garden. A light wind blew that made the hem of my dress sway. His hair dances through the air and left some few strands in his forehead that covered his hooded eyes.

"I said I like you, fuck." Kunot noo niyang sinabi. "Can you say something?" Tila ubos na pasensya ng aniya.

"Uh, something?" 'Di seryosong sagot ko sa kaniya.

Disappointment is evident in his face right after hearing my response. I knew that the remaining patience in him is already exhausted. He gave an 'are you serious' look followed by a heavy sigh.

With all the crease all over his forehead, his dashing appearance tonight is still unbelievably evident. Hindi man lang nabawasan nang kahit kaunti ang kagwapuhan ng yawa kahit lukot na ang mukha. Dati ba akong santo sa past life ko para mabiyayaan ng ganito ka-gwapong blessing?

Tumalikod siya sa akin at akmang aalis na kaya hinawakan ko ang kamay niya at hinila nang bahagya.

"Teka, ang pikon mo naman," Biro ko. "Ano ba'ng ineexpect mong sasabihin ko? Hindi ka man lang nagpaligoy ng kaunti, masyado mo 'kong wina-war shock," bwelta ko.

He just responded with a 'tss" then walked out in front of me.

"Hoy, teka lang sabi!" Medyo malakas na sigaw ko at humabol sa kaniya.

I struggled running because of the heels I'm wearing. I am also being careful because an exaggerated movement will reveal my body through my dress. Hirap akong humabol kay France dahil sa suot kong damit kaya naglakad na lang ako nang normal.

Maybe he noticed that I'm having a hard time walking, that's why he stopped and look back at me.

His eyes were still the same, he's able to sustain its intensity while trying to prolong his patience. He walked towards my direction and held my waist to help me walk.

"You Goddamn looked perfect tonight but unpleasing at the same time. You should know when to wear that kind of dress. Damn it." Sabi niya at inalalayan ako sa paglakad.

We went back to the hall where the party is happening. My friends were probably thinking where I was because I went missing for a few minutes. 

Babalik na sana ako sa table namin nina Arni pero lalo lang akong hinigit ni France palapit sa kaniya. Tinignan ko siya nang may kunot sa noo at nagtatakang tingin.

"If your planning to go back on that table and sit beside your bestfriend again, better just shut up. Baka buhatin kita nang 'di oras kapag lumapit ka ulit doon," bulong niya nang bahagya.