Chapter 08

My eyes went back and forth to France and Shann. I couldn't believe that after all his remarks and flirty advances, mayroon pala siyang girlfriend.

One thing I'm avoiding the most is to be associated with someone who's already comitted and be misconceived as a mistress or a third party. I grew up being reminded of how cruel it is to wreck someone's relationship for your own gain. I would never go against my principle and indulge with immoral affairs.

I was taught to be a well poised woman. Being a mistress is non of my  options; and being in this situation right now makes me sick. I never meant to ruin someone's relationship and I will never tolerate such. 

"Oh, you look so shocked. Hindi mo ba alam na may girlfriend ang nilalandi mo? What a shameless low class woman." Nandidiring sabi ng babae.

I had the urge to slap her again, but this time, I couldn't blame her if she got the wrong idea. I, on a hindsight, somehow understand her. I would conclude the way if it happened to me. 

"What the fuck Shann! You're not my girlfriend for pete's sake!" Galit na sigaw ni France ng harapin niya ito.

"Oh really? As far as I remember, we were together before I went to a vacation. What a great surprise," sarcastic na sagot ni Shann.

I can sense the rage and the pain at the same time. She's just obviously trying to hide what she really feels to save her from being embarassed. 

"You knew from the very beginning that your choice to leave would be the end of us. It was clear from the very beginning. You knew all the probables and yet you still went for it. Quit being delusional as if everything is well after you left," France with gritted teeth.

Anger is clearly evident in his eyes. It's as if he's been waiting for this moment to release his  grudges. 

I feel like I should not be here because it's a personal matter to talk in between them. Umalis ako sa harapan nila at pumunta sa sofa para kuhanin ang mga gamit ko.

I took all the courage walk out from them to save the littlest dignity left on me. I had enough with this bullshit and I can't stand to hear some more. 

"Where are you going?" Tanong ni France ng maglakad ako palapit sa pinto.

Tinignan ko lang siya nang masama, pinipigilan ang sarili na ibuka ang bibig dahil alam kong walang lalabas na mabuti ngayon dito.

"Let that slut go home! She doesn't belong in this place after all!" Nanggagalaiting sabi nung Shann.

Tinapunan ko ng isang nanggagaliiti ngunit nagtitimping tingin ang babaeng nasa harap ko.

Kung wala ka lang talaga sa punto ngayong punyemas ka, nakatikim ka na ng bigwas sa akin!

I continued walking until I reached the door. Lumabas ako ng unit at mabilis na tinungo ang elevator.

"Hey wait, please listen to me," Rinig kong habol ni France sabay higit sa aking kamay bago pa man ako makapasok sa elevator.

I saw him panting. He knew he's doomed. Well as for me, my anger extends only to the fact that he let me get insulted for the wrong reason. We're not even dating so he shouldn't worry about what's gonna happen next to both of us. If there's something he should feel guilty about, that's when he became unfaithful with his woman.

"Ano ba?!" Galit na sabi ko. "Masaya ka ba na pinagbibintangan akong kabit mo?" Giit ko. "Napakalandi mo! Pati ako nadadamay sa mga ginagawa mo! Anong klaseng tao ka?"

"No, you're not a fucking third-party, fuck," Sabi niya. His eyes were bloodshot.

"I get it now, France, you have a girlfriend and it's fine with me. Just please give me this chance to at least save my dignity. I already had enough. I already humiliated myself too much in front of your partner, so please let me go," Pakiusap ko.