sapphire

The group was now on their way to Kakariko, to ask Impa where they should start with such powerful Yiga roaming around. Link had healed and insisted to Zelda that he was fine, even though all she did was hold his hand and look around for any wincing or signs that he was in pain from him. They looked out at the view of the forest from the mountains, with the others trailing behind them. They felt chills go down their spines as the darkness of the sky offered its low temperatures. The stars glowed especially bright. Link felt a little bad, he didn't want them to feel left out. But as he listened to their laughing, he realized they were probably fine with it. They were becoming friends, after all. Link stopped at a location he recognized, grabbing Zelda's hand. He smiled mischievously.

"Come on!" He said, winking at Sidon, who understood as he pulled Zelda away.

"Link, where are you taking me?!" She laughed, nearly tripping over a pebble as Link dragged her up a hill.

"Shh! If they hear you, they fly away..." Suddenly, after being pulled through a few bushes, Zelda's heart dropped at the beautiful sight in front of her. The fairy fountain was dormant again (they all went dormant after Hyrule was saved from the Calamity), but Link didn't mind. The Great Fairies seemed to like him... a lot. Zelda grinned. The fairy fountain may have been a lot less grand than it used to be, but the fairies around it were gorgeous. They glowed sapphire and they reflected on the ponds filled with clear water that was dotted with lilypads. She got down on her knees quietly, and Link joined her as she sat on the ground, in awe at the beauty in front of her.

She noticed one flying towards her, buzzing as its wings moved up and down. She gasped happily and cupped her hands around it, grinning at Link. The fairy gave a little shake, and blue glitter flew into the air. She laughed as quietly as she could, in pure shock. It had been 103 years since she had last seen a fairy. And she hadn't remembered how pretty they were. She wondered if this is what it felt like for Link, seeing something and remembering it so vividly deep down, but also in shock at the beauty and new feeling to everything. Perhaps he also felt this way... when he reunited with her?

No.

Surely not.

They had just recently realized their feelings for each other. They weren't even... well, dating. Although Link didn't seem like that type of person, waiting so long to get something he wants... maybe he would just jump right into marriage?

Zelda stopped herself, her eyes visibly wide, shocked at what she had just thought. What was wrong with her?! Why would he want to marry her?! This wouldn't last forever... right? Why would the Hero of Time, the boy with the Sword that Seals the Darkness, member of the Triforce, Hero of Hyrule, Knight who slain Ganon, and frankly Zelda's lifesaver ever want to marry a pathetic, worthless, weak, heir-to-a-throne-of-nothing damsel in distress like her? No reason. He wouldn't want to marry her. Never. Out of question.

She distracted herself from these ludicrous, but frankly a bit heart-wrenching thoughts and turned her attention back to the fairies. She cleared her throat. She wondered if Link knew she did this whenever she was thinking about him and wanted to bring herself back to the subject at hand. She hoped not.

"L-look at it! It's beautiful!" She exclaimed, watching in awe as the fairy flew away gracefully.

"It really is, isn't it..." But Zelda would never know that Link wasn't looking at the fairy as he said this... he was looking at her.

this one is so short but cute akjdhaksjdhak