blood-red

(THE ART IS SO SAD IM CRYING IM SORRYSAIUDASKHDKASHGJ *yes ik its small so it says this for yall who cant read it: you know link, i have always been watching you, you were always in my sight, that's why i know better than anyone how you only show those kind, sweet eyes to the most special person; thanks for everything Link, i wish the best for both of you... in the end, we just weren't meant to be* or at least that's what i think it says but WAHHHHHHHH)

Link woke up the next morning in the Zora's Domain Inn. The blue, ice-looking beds were surprisingly comfortable and Link sat up, stretched, and yawned. Link remembered reaching Zora's Domain and booking a room. They blushed as they said goodnight to each other and went to sleep.

Link heard a gentle snore come from the princess and he smiled. She looked so peaceful while she was sleeping; gentle and worry less. He wished to see her like this all the time, with the weight of the kingdom finally off her shoulders. Link frowned and thought about how much pressure Zelda had- she had spent most of her life chasing after this sealing power, and barely having any fun, living life as a teenager. And her father, although Link was always loyal to the king, was a bit too strict on how Zelda lived her life. Link felt bad for her. He knew what it felt like to have a bunch of pressure on you, but he had become accustomed to this. The princess had not. Besides, Link always put everyone else before himself. 

Link realized how Zelda put up this wall- a barrier so that no one could see her soft side. She only opened up whenever she was alone and- whenever she was with Link. Link did the sympathetic lean to the side he does whenever he feels bad for someone and gently placed his hand on the princess's cheek. He rubbed his thumb on it and smiled. Then, Zelda started to stir. Link panicked. She could not see him being so affectionate. He looked around in a rush, and dashed behind the receptionists' desk, crouching down and nearly knocking over the receptionist.

"What the- Master Link-!" Link rapidly gestured to the receptionist to stay quiet, waving his arms around. Link realized that this was the most foolish and undignified way to handle this, but it was too late now. Zelda sat up out of bed and scratched her head.

"Excuse me, have you seen Master Link? We have to go see the king today." Zelda said and Link cringed.

"Uh- I-" Link shook his head at the receptionist. "Apparently not..." the receptionist said. Link grinned and gave the receptionist a thumbs up. Feeling generous, he gave the receptionist a blood-red apple and chased out after the princess. The receptionist picked up the apple and sighed, watching the two golden-haired royals walking side by side.

"You'd think the knight with the sword who seals the darkness would be a bit more dignified! Or at least brave enough to tell a girl he loves her..."

(That whole receptionist part was kinda lame I'm sorry lol I just wanted a chance to show Link's playful/stupid side also to get to know Link's feelings better but sorryyy)

*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Zelda could've sworn she felt something warm on her cheek that morning. It was probably just her drooling...right? She insisted on this to herself and ignored it. She wondered how Link had just appeared, even though he wasn't in the Inn.  He did it a lot though, so she figured it had just become some sort of power of his. 

"Now Link, we're going to go talk to the king now. You're going to have to speak to him, even if it's just for a little bit. I'll do most of the talking." Zelda said, fidgeting with the ends of her hair as they walked up the stairs. Link was in a nervous sweat. He knew he would have to talk about Mipha and the benefits she had on Hyrule in order to convince the king to let Sidon come and help rebuild Hyrule.

Link and Zelda made it up to the throne room, and there awaited Prince Sidon and King Dorephan. The King's large face lit up, and Sidon rushed toward Link, arms open. Link shut his eyes, preparing for what was about to happen. Sidon picked Link up and squeezed him into the biggest hug.

"Link! My man!! I missed you so much dude, I have so much to tell you-" Sidon said, shaking Link by the shoulders aggressively. Zelda had her mouth open, her hand outstretched, and her eyes confused and possibly a little afraid.

"Sidon! How incredibly rude! You dare treat our very special guest with such discourtesy?"

"Uhm- I- no, father..." Sidon said, backing away and bowing respectfully. Zelda shook her head and flinched, re-engaging in the more adult-like, and hopefully more efficient, conversation. Both the princess and her knight stood up straight and held their chins high as if they owned the room.

"Good day, King Zora, Prince Sidon-" Both nodded to the Princess. "I do hope you remember me, as I believe we have not seen each other since the horrible events that happened 100 years ago. May the Champion's souls rest in peace... But we are in grave need of assistance. Hyrule nearly crumbled during the Calamity's rampage, and it will only get worse if we don't stop this now and bring the kingdom back to its former- no- its full glory." Link nodded efficiently as Zelda attempted to convince the Prince and his father. "King Zora- I request we take your son along with us on a journey to rebuild Hyrule." The King's eyes became skeptical, but Zelda did not give up. She was so hard-working, and Link admired this so much... 

"We understand your concern, for Mipha's fate was one we never want to see happen again. But the dangers of Hyrule other than a few Bokoblins here and there are completely distinguished. Nearly every danger that wasn't natural is gone. And these Bokoblins, they're cowards. Link can get rid of them in less than the blink of an eye, with his strength." Zelda smiled at Link and he blushed, looking away and scratching his neck. "We are attempting to form sort of a... new group of warriors similar to the Champions- the Champion's Descendants. Also including Teba, the skilled Rito archer, Yunobo, the- uh- somewhat fearless Goron muscles, and Riju, the tiny but feisty Gerudo queen. We understand not all are descendants of the Champions, Link and I just decided the name had the best ring to it-" Zelda laughed, but stopped herself as Link bumped her with his shield. "But please, King Dorephan, don't take my word for it. I was not nearly as close with Mipha as Link was." Link turned his head and cringed. Sidon noticed this and gave him a thumbs up.

Although Sidon knew of his passed on sisters' love interest, he was completely supportive of Link's interest in Zelda. Sidon knew everything about what was going on, for Sidon had been the closest thing Link had ever had to a friend besides his horse while on his journey to rescue the Princess. Link was surprised and grateful that Sidon was not angry or awkward about it, for he said that Mipha suspected this all along. Sidon gave Link a reassuring smile as he began to speak a little quietly to King Dorephan.

"I-" Link coughed and looked to Zelda for encouragement. She gave him the warmest, prettiest, softest smile he'd ever seen- the kind that made his tough and blocked-off heart melt. He returned the smile and turned to the King. "Mipha was an extremely kind and caring person. She always healed me, even when it came to be doing things that proved I wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed... like ragdoll rolling down hills- but that's beside the point..." Zelda felt a few emotions inside of her at the same time. One was happiness at the sound of Link's voice, one was laughing as she was reminded of Link's constant falling down hills, and a strange burning feeling when she heard him talking to positively about Mipha... a firey, gross, bad feeling that made her want to jump on top of him, kiss him, and tell him she's better than any other girl he's ever met.

...What was she thinking?! She pushed this feeling down and listened to Link some more. "Mipha was also feisty and fierce- a talented fighter who worked well with a spear, and of course, an excellent swimmer. I never said much to her, but she didn't take this personally, for I rarely speak at all. Mipha was so forgiving and kind, but also brave- and I can only assume Sidon is the same." Link wanted to finish off his speech with something- and what he wanted to say gave him an odd feeling- like Mipha was watching him. He apologized in his head and spat it out- "Mipha was like a sister to me." Zelda's burning feeling went away. Link sighed in relief and nodded to himself. It was over with. The king made a 'hmm' sound before answering the question everyone wanted the reply to.

"I shall let Sidon go with you to restore Hyrule. On one condition- no interactions with anything more dangerous than Bokoblins." Link and Sidon air high-fived, and Zelda elbowed Link.

"Thank you, King Dorephan. We are forever in your debt."

"It's the least I could do after what you two have done for our little Domain." The king smiled and sent Sidon to get ready, sent the knight and the Princess to wait at the exit.