charcoal

Link and Zelda sat in a field, not far from Kakariko, with Link sitting criss-cross applesauce and Zelda laying her head on his leg, admiring Silent Princesses. It was as if the near-death experience had never happened for Zelda, while the hole in Link's heart was still repairing. Link tapped around on the Sheikah Slate, a little confused. After Zelda had taken it to Purah, she had changed a bunch of stuff in it and Link wasn't used to the new settings. He groaned and Zelda laughed.

"You think my suffering is funny?" He asked, looking down at her with his eyebrows raised and a slight smile on his face.

"Yes, actually. It's like a toddler trying to figure out how to use their legs." She giggled. Link placed a hand on his chest, pretending to be offended. They laughed together until they heard footsteps on the grass behind them.

"Hey! You guys really have been leaving us out lately. We had no idea where you were!" Sidon called from a few feet behind them. They turned and smiled to the variated group of people- including fish and bird.

"Yeah! Discrimination much?" Teba said, turning and shooting an arrow precisely into the middle ring of an overturned tree stump.

"The only two Hylians, running off together all the time, clearly in love, leaving the Gerudo, Goron, bird, and fish behind." Riju laid a hand on her hip and smirked. Link and Zelda blushed furiously. "We will stand for it no more!" She said, mocking the voice of a King and raising her finger. Yunobo slightly nudged Sidon.

"Oh my Goron... she's right! I think Link and Zelda might be in love!" He shouted, laughing as though it were some sort of brand new scientific discovery. Link turned back to the Sheikah Slate and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. Sidon rubbed his forehead and Teba laughed. Zelda gathered her pride once more.

"Okay? And? If you guys want to have an important job, why don't you help us with our plan?" Zelda said stubbornly and Link's eyes widened.

"What plan?" He whispered to her.

"I have no idea." She whispered back, but continued on. "We are planning to plant TNT inside of their base and blow it up. Me and Link will cover for you outside. Their base isn't huge, so four people should be enough." Link's eyes were now the size of Hydromelons and he smacked her. Then he realized, it was kind of a good plan. But Yunobo? Stealthy?

"Great idea!" Sidon said, seemingly knowing what Link was thinking. That this plan had not been run by him. He smacked Link on the back. "We'll see you lovebirds later." And they walked back to Kakariko.

"What the hell?!" Link laughed, looking down at Zelda, shocked. She smiled at him.

"You're not the only one who can come up with a plan to lead someone into battle." Zelda leaned up and gave him a kiss on the cheek before walking away. Link blushed furiously. He was flustered as he got up and followed her.

Well then...

Uhm,

Wow.

(SIMP!)

*_*_*_*_*

"It was right here." Link said, pointing to a hole in the ground that he was positive was the Yiga's base. Everyone hopped off their horses. They all looked stressed, especially Yunobo. Link ushered them all into a circle. "Okay, the TNT is right behind that rock over there. I had a stable guy I know put it there after he handled a monster camp that was hiding some of it. You will each take one barrel and put it in one corner of their base." They nodded and Link shooed them away, standing next to Zelda and interlacing his fingers with hers.

"Is this going to go well?"

"I have no idea. Just remember it was your idea, okay?" He said, smiling at her. She punched his arm playfully.

Riju's POV

The TNT barrel was heavier than Riju had thought. But she couldn't let anyone know that she was less strong than she acted. How pathetic would that be? She struggled to walk down the ramp of the entrance to the base, and discovered the board Link had described. The one he had used to escape. She carefully and quietly placed the TNT on the board above her head and pulled herself up, picking the barrel up again. She sighed before she placed one heeled foot on the board. It creaked and she cringed. One foot in front of the other, Riju. You can do this. Don't be weak. She closed her eyes and walked on. She felt gravity push her body to one side, and she nearly lost her balance. She regathered herself as a bead of sweat appeared on her forehead. She spotted an empty spot in the corner and muttered 'perfect'. She finally made it across the board, her heart starting again as she managed to place the TNT in the corner. She gave a sigh of relief and started walking back, the others following close behind her. She looked to them and raised an eyebrow. They all nodded. They had done it. They just needed to get out of there.

They walked very carefully along the plank, and lowered themselves down onto the ground near the exit. Yunobo tripped, and a rock slid down the ramp. Everyone gasped and they heard a voice.

"Hey!" A Yiga called.

"RUN!" Riju yelled, and they started to run out before any Yiga could catch them. She waved her arms at Link as she emerged from the base. He lit a charcoal-colored flint and the bright flame sparked onto a rope that Teba had trailed into their base. The rope burned out until it finally reached the TNT.

The base exploded, rocks flying and dirt clouding their vision and breathing. It was firey and the grass caught fire. Riju was slightly knocked back, but Sidon caught her, stopping her from hitting the ground. They coughed as they stepped back and looked at the ruins of the base, all covered in ash and soot. The Champion's descendants breathed heavily. There was a moment of silence.

"We did it!" Zelda shouted, jumping up and down.

"And no unwanted blood was shed!" Link grinned and they all hugged, happy for their lives and for the future fate of Hyrule.

Link's POV

It had taken everyone a bit to process that they had just saved Hyrule. Sure, it was easy, but if they had waited any longer things could've gotten much worse. With the Yiga threatening and recruiting more people, in 10 years Hyrule could've completely belonged to the Yiga. They cheered and laughed together, smiling uncontrollably.

Link felt something in his heart change-

The fear of being in constant danger deminished.

Something had changed with the explosion of the Yiga base...

Hyrule may finally be able to rest.

NOT THE END OF THE BOOK ALTHOUGH IT SOUNDS LIKE IT ASKJDHASKD