maroon

lol i pulled an all nighter to write this and then didn't even write anything :) btw i fixed the stargazing chapter and like it MUCH more now- in fact i kinda love it ngl- I CANT WAIT FOR WHAT I HAVE PLANNED EEK KAJDHAKDHASJHAKSJDH

The next morning, Zelda woke up to a warm sensation around her. Then she remembered what had happened the night before- it was Link's muscular arms. She beamed and tried not to move, not wanting to wake Link. She never wanted this moment to end- sitting there in Link's arms, his head on hers... then she felt him shift, and the knight turned to look at her.

"Well good morning, Princess." Zelda froze and turned a very dark maroon color- his morning voice made her heart flutter and a smile creep across her face. It had a low, crackly yet smooth ring to it and Zelda attempted to hide her face behind the hood he had given her. Link smiled and stood up, holding out his hand and rubbing his eyes.

"G-good morning, Link," Zelda said, clearing her throat and wiping her smile off her face.

"Come on, let's go grab breakfast and then talk to Riju," he said, his morning voice fading to Zelda's dismay. Zelda took his hand and stood up, walking towards the gate. Link stopped at the guards.

"C-can I- uh..." He awkwardly pointed at the gate.

"Yeah, go ahead. We all knew anyway." Link's eyes widened and he blushed. They made their way over to the Inn and Link lit a fire under a pot near the door. He crouched down and began looking through his bag. He pulled out 3 eggs, Rock Salt, Goat Butter, and Spicy Peppers. Zelda's eyes widened as she thought of what a good combination it would be.

"I knew you were good at cooking, but-"

"Correction! Pardon me Princess, but I am sort of a Master Chef now." Link joked, raising a brow. "Today's meal- Spicy Buttered Omelet- a recipe by Yours Truly." Zelda raised her eyebrows and laughed.

"I see. I am ecstatic to taste it, Master Li- Master Chef." Zelda said, giggling under her breath. Link watched the ingredients sizzle before plating it. He handed one plate to Zelda and sat on a crate as he ate his own meal. Zelda almost gasped aloud. The omelet was delicious- it started out as a buttery, salty egg dish, with crispy edges and a soft inside, then eventually faded into a bit of a spicy kick that lingered on your tongue. Zelda grinned as she swallowed her last bite. Link had just barely started, and his eyes widened when he looked up and saw the usually preppy Princess wiping her mouth on the back of her hand as she gulped the last bit of her omelet.

"D-did you like it?" Link asked, shocked. Zelda beamed and opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out. She gestured her hands delightedly, pointing at the pot, then Link's pouch, then her empty plate.

"It- it was delicious! The slight spice at the end, the buttery yet salty taste, the absolutely exquisite texture- Link, thank you! My feelings for you are beyond gratitude!" She rambled, laughing at her own lack of dignity. Link blushed and scratched the back of his neck at the last words. Surely she didn't mean... yes, she was talking about the food. Get a hold of yourself, Link.

Link was right- Zelda had meant the food. Partially. She smiled and looked at Link. To her surprise, he was staring at her and smiling fondly, and didn't break eye contact once Zelda had caught him, like he usually did. For a moment, she studied his features that were illuminated by the sun- his chestnut brown hair that turned golden in the light, his chiseled jawline, his masculine yet scrawny build... then they both blushed furiously and looked away, Zelda fiddling with her hair and Link scratching his neck. They had made eye contact many times before, but something about this one was different- very different. After a long moment, Link cleared his throat and broke the silence.

"...To Riju's, then?"

"Yes, yes... to Riju's."

"Yeah..."

And they stood up and walked side by side towards Riju's throne room.

*_*_*_*_*_*

"And we believe strength will come in handy, especially when Link gives you back the Thunder Helm. Your youth will allow you to have abnormal abilities of speed, stealth, and agility. Makeela Riju, I hope you can be of our assistance in the new formation, Champion's Descendants." Zelda said.

Riju sat in silence, one hand on her chin and the other tapping on the arm of her chair after listening to Zelda's plan. Zelda fiddled with her hands and held her chin high, all stubborn and cute like she did. Link thought this as he watched her with a warm smile on his face. Bularia seemed unapproving as she gave the Princess and her Knight a dirty look, hands on her sword.

"Absolutely," Riju said enthusiastically.

"What?!" Link and Bularia chorused. Zelda beamed and nearly jumped up and down with joy.

"Bularia, I'm only a teen for so long. Let me live! I can go out there, put my abilities to good use, have fun, make friends, fight! It's all I've ever wanted coming together in one day!" Riju grinned at Bularia, who was frozen in shock.

"Thank you, Riju. We are forever in your debt-" Zelda started before she was interrupted by slightly terrified Bularia.

"Who will lead?!"

"You and Patricia, of course!" Riju said, as though it were obvious. Link cringed, sensing this was going downhill for the little 13-year-old.

"M-me?! I'm honored, Riju, but-"

"With the brains of Patricia and the strength of you, Bularia, I'm sure you'll be just fine. It's really not that hard- especially with Vah Naboris calmed." Bularia stood, mouth agape as she dropped her sword to the ground with a clatter. Riju stood up and flipped her hair behind her shoulder, giving Bularia a matter-of-fact smile. "Well... Sav'orq!" Riju said, nodding, and walking- no, strutting- down from her throne. Zelda followed her, eagerly showing the child her Sheikah Slate and telling her about how their plan for the journey ahead. Link, surprised, turned to the two girls walking out the door and then back to Bularia. She gestured to him, as if he was going to stop them, mouth still open and blinking rapidly. Link shrugged, smiled, and jogged to catch up to Zelda and Riju.

:))))