epilogue

HEY YOU! if you are skipping to the very end to see what happens, (don't worry, i do it too) DO NOT! it wont make any sense lol. please read the full story! it will be worth it! if you're looking for their first kiss, the one in the last chapter was not it. DO NOT SPOIL IT FOR YOURSELF! READ IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH I BEG OF YOU LMAO

Queen Zelda groaned as the light shone through her curtains. She must've forgotten to close them the night before. She looked up to see the sight she loved- Link, sleeping peacefully with her head on his bare chest. She beamed and kissed him on the jawline before carefully shuffling out of bed, not wanting to wake him. She closed the curtains and walked into her bathroom, changing into her everyday clothes. She heard a knock, coming from a door somewhere. She stepped out of the bathroom and rubbed her eyes. She opened her bedroom door, but found no one standing in the marble hallway. She furrowed a brow. She walked to her balcony door and opened it, the breeze stronger than usual.

In front of her was a little blue flame. Before she could register it, question it, touch it, it disappeared into a cloud of blue ash that flew away. Then the breeze seemingly whispered to her- she swore she'd heard it- I'm proud of you, my Zelda. Surely not- no, she was positive she had heard it. Her father had just spoken to her, in spirit form. Tears flooded her eyes and she covered her mouth. She heard the door click behind her and spun around as a worried Link walked towards her, in navy shorts and his golden hair messy. She let out a sob as Link wrapped his arms around her.

"Hey, Zel, what's wrong?" He asked, sounding extremely worried. She placed her hands on his shoulders, pulling back, silencing her cries.

"N-nothing, actually! I-I have closure!" She exclaimed, her cries turning into a laugh. Link flashed her a confused, but still sympathetic smile as she plunged her head into his chest and continued to cry, Link encasing her in the protection of his muscular arms.

this part wasn't that important, i just thought the sleeping thing was cute and i, personally, find dad stuff REALLY sad so i wanted her to have some closure with her dad before the story ends. it doesn't flow well with the next part, but just know that she has closure with her father now :)

*_*_*_*_*

Zelda sat on the edge of her balcony, looking out at the setting sun over rebuilt Hyrule. After a year of rebuilding, the castle was finally rebuilt as well as many villages. New and improved, she was happy. At peace. Finally. She had come a long way, and it showed- the scar on her arm, the scar on her stomach, her neck-length hair, and the imprint the journey had left on her heart.

Hundreds of people had helped rebuild the castle, not to mention their own villages. Zelda was very grateful. That night, she had gotten dressed for the celebratory dinner they were holding. She wore a dress similar to the one she had worn while knighting Link. It included a golden headband, a white, leather, braided corset, a navy and gold chest piece, and a long skirt that included designs threaded in gold. She took a deep breath as she heard her door open. 

She turned her head slightly to see Link, in his formal outfit, standing at the doorway. He looked very official, with his maroon shirt and navy and gold armor over it. His white boots and matching sword. She blushed slightly. She wasn't completely over her foolish teenage ways, even now, with Link as her husband.

"Hello, love." He said, smiling as he closed the door behind him and sat down next to her. She returned the smile, but something still felt off. "What's wrong?" He asked, taking his sword off his back and tapping it on his foot in waiting.

"...Nothing. And I mean it! Maybe that's what's wrong... I'm not used to nothing being wrong. Nothing to fix, to be saved from, to save others from. I'm finally living my perfect life, I'm married to the one I love so much it pains me, the general of Hyrule, ruling over a kingdom that took a year to rebuild after the most traumatic experience I've ever lived." She turned to him again. "Everything is perfect." She grinned. He smiled warmly, but he didn't buy what she'd said.

"Are you sure it's not about your interaction with your father yesterday morning?" She shook her head wildly and placed her hands in his.

"No, no, no, that has boosted my mood especially lately! I have closure... my father is proud of me. Sure, it may have been a reminder that he's no longer with us, but... almost in a good way. I'm grateful I heard him." She said. She looked out at the sunset again, smiling warmly as she repeated everything she had said in her head. She felt Link's eyes on her. After a moment, she turned to him, rolling her eyes. "What is it?" She asked, beaming. He just smiled warmly at her for a moment before responding.

"Nothing. Just, as usual, so hopelessly devoted to you." He said, placing an arm around her back and kissing her. She smiled.

"General Link, may I ask why you have fallen for me so hard, so unprofessionally?" He gasped and acted as though were offended.

"It's not my fault you're so easy to fall for!"

"I must say, you are as well." He blushed a little bit and shrugged.

"I am quite handsome, and your knight in shining armor," He said, and Zelda gave him a look that was easy to read- don't get cocky. She kissed him again before standing up, holding out her hand. 

"You coming, Sir Link?" She beamed as he took her hand and walked off the balcony, out of her bedroom and down the stairs, towards the dining room. Fingers interlaced, everything was at peace.

Closure.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ITS OVER :(((

BUT WAIT THE NEXT CHAPTER IS GONNA BE A THANK YOU WITH SOME MEMES LOL PLS LOOK AT IT IF U FEEL LIKE IT

I HOPE THE ENDING WAS GOOD ENOUGH ITS BEEN A HELL OF A RIDE I MUST SAY

NEXT CHAPTER! >>>>