rosey

Zelda sat near a fire in the cooking room at Rito Village, her tears dried onto her rosey cheeks. The incident of the Hyrule Princess nearly falling to her doom off the cliffs of Rito Village had happened a few hours ago, and was starting quite a buzz in the small, uneventful village. Zelda looked at the fire and used her powers to make it glow brighter and warmer for her. This was a simple task, unlike sealing Calamity Ganon. She heard footsteps come up the stairs and turned her head to see Link. He walked in and sat down next to her, silently pulling out his sword and sharpening it on a piece of flint.

"What?" Zelda sniffed.

"I can't hang out with you for fun? You almost died back there, it was terrifying for me. I'm not taking any time for granted." Link said, not making eye contact. He didn't seem upset, but it seemed like he had seen what nearly happened to Zelda before, deja vu or post-traumatic stress- and he indeed, had. Not only that, it had happened to him. He just didn't fully remember it. But Zelda could see the memory lingering in his bright blue eyes.

"Link?"

"Yes, Zelda?"

"Do you remember the time where Revali went all jealous on you and nearly killed you, nearly committing treason and nearly getting banished from the kingdom?" Link's eyes grew to the size of Bokoblin Guts.

"No!" He said, slightly leaning in, curious and expecting a storytime.

"Okay, okay, I'll tell you. The reason I almost fell off Revali's Landing was because I was lost in my own thoughts. I've been having memories, Link. Like you did. Flashbacks to when the Champions were still... you know..." Link finished her sentence by nodding. "I had a memory where Revali got all jealous, like psycho jealous, and pushed you off the landing, with the help of a draft-" Link laid on his stomach, chin in his hands, looking very childish and cute, eyes interested. "But you grabbed on to a ledge-"

"Yay me!" He said, pumping a fist in the air. Zelda giggled.

"And survived with only minor injuries. When Revali snapped out of it, he felt horrible, gasping when he saw you about to fall, getting the attention of others for help, and even giving you a sort of hug when you had made it back up."

"He hugged me?!"

"Yes! Just because he was very jealous did not mean he didn't care about you. I like to think he actually thought of you as a friend, but as he would put it, he didn't mind your existence." Zelda laughed as she continued. "When you made it up, I grabbed you-" Zelda's eyes widened and she went a deep crimson. "Kissed you on the head..." Link grinned from ear to ear. She smacked him playfully. "I was scared for your life, Link!" Link's grin faded into a fond smile. "And when you crawled away from me to stand up, Revali blocked your way and wrapped a wing around you, before quickly realizing what he had done and letting go, brushing himself off, utterly disgusted by the asinine situation!" Zelda mocked Revali and Link chuckled.

"So you think he didn't actually hate me that much?" Link asked, looking down at Revali's Landing. Zelda followed his gaze and shook her head. Link wondered what it would've been like if they had become friends. They could've made a good team. While thinking about Revali, he thought about how he had respected him enough to give him Revali's Gale. "I haven't used Revali's Gale in a while. Or Urbosa's Fury. Or Mipha's Grace. Or Daruk's Protection." Link said sluggishly. Zelda furrowed her brows.

"Isn't that good?"

"Yes, actually. That's why I brought it up. Things are getting back to normal. Slowly but surely." Link smiled and stood up. "We should go talk to the king and Teba."

"Isn't Teba extremely stubborn?"

"Yes, why do you ask?" Link said. Zelda gave him a look as though he wouldn't be able to convince Teba, raising a brow and tilting her head. Link's jaw dropped, a little offended.