Ribs

THE NEXT DAY, DEREK DROVE LUNA AND HIMSELF INTO TOWN, THE TWO HAD GONE TO the diner, and were now at the park parking lot eating their breakfast, in Luna's car

THE NEXT DAY, DEREK DROVE LUNA AND HIMSELF INTO TOWN, THE TWO HAD GONE TO the diner, and were now at the park parking lot eating their breakfast, in Luna's car. She didn't want to be at the bunker but didn't want to be in the town.

"The girl yesterday, she's your ex girlfriend?" Derek asks.

"No, I don't know. We were never official." She says before drinking some coffee. "We hung out a lot, and she was a good distraction from everything going on. She made me feel normal." She says looking at him.

"You like her." He says.

"It doesn't matter, I should of known better than to date her, She's friends with my ex. So I definitely have bad taste." She says eating some of her pancakes.

"Was she a dick like this one?" He asks.

"They were raised together, on the cheer squad, Captain to be precise. She thought I was homeless because I never took her home. She didn't want to be seen with me, in public." She says.

"She's shitty. You don't deserve that." He says looking at her, she nods.

"What about you, any shitty exs?" She asks.

"Rarely any girls my age, in a long time. You're the first girl around my age, that I've encounter in a long time." He says.

She nods, "we can find you a shitty ex, I maybe of great help." She says laughing and he tried not to laugh but gives him, and the two look at each other and laugh even more. He looks at her seeing how pretty she looks laughing, he hated seeing her upset. He didn't even realize when he stopped hating her, it just kinda happened and now she's a friend. The two clean up their food. Derek throws their trash away and comes back he stares at her for a bit.

"What?" She asks wiping her mouth clean with a napkin. He shakes his head. "What?" She asks as he stares at her.

"Nothing." He says as he starts her car.

"Come on. Tell me." She says making sure she doesn't have any food on her face, in the mirror. He looks at her and sighs before looking back at the road ahead.

"You do know Jack has a crush on you, right?" Derek tells her as he drives, and she starts laughing at his absurd accusation.

"No chingues." She says. "He doesn't like me, he's Jack. Jack loves everyone, he protects us. He's Jack."

"Okay so what's your deal with him?" He asks.

"I knew his mother, she was kind, and I was there for his birth, and I was kinda the first female he interacted with, that wasn't trying to kill him." She says. "He's family."

"Oh you're definitely not family in his eyes." Derek tells her.

"Ew, he's a baby, he's like six months old." She says scrunching her nose up.