War of Worlds

IN THE BUNKER, THE WINCHESTERS ARE STILL LOOKING FOR JACK, THEIR HUNTER FRIENDS didn't have a lead

     IN THE BUNKER, THE WINCHESTERS ARE STILL LOOKING FOR JACK, THEIR HUNTER FRIENDS didn't have a lead. Luna had gone into town asking Janet if she'd seen Jack, and to keep an eye out for him, calling her if she saw him.

Cas enters the room from the opposite side Dean did, "Or this apparent dearth of evidence is, in fact, the evidence."

"The evidence of..." Luna begins.

"Of some horrific misadventure that's befallen him, like being dragged down to Hell by Asmodeus. Or..." Cas sighs, "I don't know, possibly worse, being hijacked to Heaven by angels."

"Yeah, but isn't he too fast and furious for angels?" Dean asks.

"Maybe. Maybe not. That's what I'm gonna find out." Cas says.

"Find out from who? From–from the angels?" Sam asks.

"Yes." Cas says.

Dean stands up, "All right. Well, let's go."

Cas says, "Dean, you can't accompany me. My contact is already anxious about meeting and won't speak in the presence of a stranger."

"So introduce me. Then I'm not a stranger. I'll bring a six-pack." Dean explains, Luna can't help but roll her eyes at her dads comments.

"Dean, I swore I would protect this boy. Let me do this." Cas walks toward the war room.

"Don't do anything stupid." Dean reluctantly sits back down with Sam as we hear Cas climb the stairs and leave through the front door.

"All right." Sam says.

Dean says, "I guess we're stuck in idle."

"So..." Sam scoffs, "What do we do? Just–just sit around here and wait?"

"Well, we could work a case. We got three murders here a couple hundred miles apart, same M.O. They were all horribly tortured before having their throat slit. Look at the body. Next to it." Dean turns the laptop around and shows the crime scene photo to Sam, who zooms in on an arrangement that looks like ingredients for a spell.

"She's a witch." Luna says.

"Mm-hmm." Dean says.

"Were they all witches?" Sam asks.

"Looking like. These aren't Hunter kills. They're– they're more ritualistic, like a sacrament or something. Plus, all their places were ransacked, which means somebody was looking for something." Dean says.

LUNA WALKS TO HER DAD AND UNCLE WHO ARE STANDING OUTSIDE THE POLICE STATION looking at an iPad.

Dean asks, "How is that possible?"

"How is what possible?" Luna asks handing her dad and uncle a cup of coffee.

"Thanks baby." Dean smiles and Luna nods. "It's Ketch."