Chapter 14: Nezu, for garlic bread's sake! Stop bringing up children's trauma!

Eri was practically dragging Nagisa and Karma with her. Nezu just stayed behind and observed the whole situation, trying to clear a few things out.

Nagisa was rather good at disguising his emotions, but that could easily be explained with the former physical, but mainly mental abuse of his former mother. He still wonders how the boy could consider that monster of a human being as his mother? It didn't make too much sense to him, even if there was a mention of attachment to the abuser in a book he has read.

The other kid, on the other hand. There wasn't too much about him, for now.

From what he knows, by hacking into systems and from a few stories Irina has told, he is Quirkless, and because of that, there were many who thought that he was an easy target.

But he always won the fights.

But that's where nothing makes sense. This world, no matter how small of a mistake you made, if you didn't have this so-called gift, you would be punished greatly. Even if Americans aren't as strict as Japanese. Since they are all for freedom, and whatever else they are babbling about.

But wouldn't there be suspensions or even expulsions in his school records? The boy was homeschool for most of his life, before entering a high school for the last year, and now he was back on the homeschooling train.

There were two options for now. Either he managed to scare the people who attacked him by blackmail, and/or force, or he had a Quirk which was never found out.

It wouldn't be the first case.

A late bloomer whose Quirk isn't that visible, just changing something slightly, like boosting your reflexes slightly.

But maybe it isn't that likely. The kid is the embodiment of walking blackmail, even if Nezu held that title proudly. This kid might just have things on a few specific people. Maybe he joined up with somebody else?

Then he heard a familiar bang.

"Sis Mei!" Eri laughed, running up to the in dusk covered girl, who gladly accepted the flying hug. "Eri-chan! How are you, haven't been here for such a long time, I do miss our tea parties." Eri giggled it off, "But we just had one last Tuesday!"

Mei gasped, "But that was a week ago!" Both of the girls laughed, when Mei finally realized that there were a few other people in the room, including her favourite employer, the rat god.

Nagisa leaned over to Karma, placing a bet if the girl was in the rat's cult or not. Thankfully, nobody realised that.

"Nezu, oh how have I missed you! Another thing you want to have made, or have you brought me a few people to test my new machines?" She asked, motioning to the duo, who were suspiciously quiet, observing the situation.

"No! They are my friends! So no putting them into exploding machines, keep it safe!" Eri inserted.

'So, not exploding killing machines are alright? What ' The boys thought.

"Oh, how rude of me," Mei exclaimed, putting down Eri, "I have never officially introduced myself. My name is Mei. Nice to meet you." She gave them a grin.

"Our pleasure," Nagisa nicely said, staying as polite as possible, "My name is Nagisa, and this is-----ack?!" Karma, who just threw himself over Nagisa grinned, introducing himself, "Karma, nice to meet you. So, what do you have here?"

"Lots of stuff, even if most will explode if not handled properly, or just touched....," She drifted off, hoping that nobody had heard her silent mutter. But for her demise, Power Loader has entered the room, and has heard her clearly.