Chapter 20: Detective Bakugo on the case!

It was now the weekend, after a week of torture from Aizawa, who gave them the strangest punishments one could come up with, and that for stupid reasons! Mina was forced to carry three encyclopedias on her head without support. The only times she could take them off were in the shower and going to bed. And if she took it off in any other instance, she would receive a small shock, from who knows where.

It was pure terror, hell one could say. Aizawa had claimed that it was only for their good, and to never let their guard down, it's all for their own good.

What good will it be for Bakugo, having to hug trees for a whole day?

Well, Bakugo did have a lot of time to think about Nagisa, Karma and the strange teacher, who looks like an American version of Nemuri. Same insides, same jokes, just a different skin.

One thing which was obvious was that they aren't a normal family. Irina is way too protective, that is the first red flag, and don't understand him wrong, wanting to protect your family from prying noses isn't bad, but rather that she throws her love for them around, and then tells them shit.

Something else which was rather obvious is that these two have received some training, and the whole story which they fabricated about Nagisa and Karma was just straight up wrong, or was a twisted truth.

Now, what could it have been? Maybe Nagisa and Karma were experimented on by villains, and Irina is an underground hero who found them, or she was just willing to adopt them even after hearing about their past. It wouldn't be the first time that the victims would get adopted, even if it is becoming rarer by the second.

People and their prejudice.

Another option, which is a little ridiculous, but what if they are villains being trained? Or part of a government experiment? The last one was a little out of the window, but you can never know.

He had a list prepared, but now what could he do? No matter how many ways he looked at it, he had too many options and no way to get any more information out of Irina. What he could try is getting one of them nervous, and get crumbs of information.

But there was a risk since if he failed, they would keep an eye out for him, like they do for Nezu. That was way too obvious. Who would have thought that the smartest being could be so stupid sometimes? Or was he looking for a challenge?

But what does one do in such situations? They become Todoroki and start inspecting.

Tomorrow, as far as it's still planned, his mother decided to pay Irina a visit again. And she would drag him along, so he would hopefully get some clues.

<o>

Karma and Nagisa were spread out on each other on the couch. Honestly, after everything they went through at the rat's lab test, they could have just fallen asleep. They didn't want to see anybody from that hellish school, or from any other human or inhuman being, but just as they started to fall asleep again, their eyelids slowly dropping, Irina decided to give them today's news.

"Oh, before I forget, the Bakugo's, or mother and soon to be exact will come over. So make yourself presentable. I know you went through a lot today, but this was planned even before that, so I couldn't just say no."

Nagisa rolled off Karma, hitting the floor with a grunt, Karma following closely behind.

"Now, now. Don't be like that!" Irina scolded with a harmless glare, "You only have to survive Bakugo, how hard can that be? Consider how low the IQ level of the class is, and he is impulsive, so you might even find a chance to kick him out of your room."

They didn't answer Irina and just dragged each other into their room, throwing themself onto the bed. A good hour passed, and somebody was at the door.