Our Future Plans..? Whale Island (Part Two)

(Y/n's POV)

We talked by that tree for a while before Gon and Aunt Mito came outside to get us. I was reluctant to get up, but Aunt Mito made the boys go take a bath, and she mentioned cooking, so I got up and decided I would help her.

By the time the boys were done, we were almost finished with cooking. My tail swayed back and forth in lazy excitement. It had been a while since I had been able to eat a big meal like this. Even the special dinners back at home weren't exactly what I would call 'meals'. They were a bunch of appetizers that didn't seem appealing at all, and wine for the adults. Not that I wanted to try wine. It smelled bad.

I preferred when we lived in a smaller house and Mom or Dad cooked instead of one of the servants... they tasted a lot better when they did. Just as we finished up, I felt Killua standing behind me. "Yes?" I asked, making him jump slightly.

"U-um- nothing..." He said before sitting down in one of the chairs. Before eating, Gon, his great-grandmother, and Mito all started blessing the food. It had been a while since I had done it, and Killua looked confused, so I just took his hand and gave him a look before bowing my head. He did the same a few seconds later.

When they had finished blessing the food, Gon and Killua started basically shoving food down their throats. I stared at them in wonder for a moment, knowing I would never be able to eat that fast without puking, especially as of late.

When we had finished eating, I helped Mito clean up before attempting to follow the boys outside. "Y/n?" I heard Mito say my name. I turned and tilted my head, silently asking what she wanted. "Can we talk for a moment..?" I nodded and sat down next to her.

There was silence for a moment before Mito spoke up. "Gon has told me a lot about you... he said you were like a second mom to him... tell me, is your friendship set up in a family matter?"

I thought for a moment, surprised by her question. "W-well yeah, I kind of... adopted Gon in a way..."

"And Killua..? What's his place in this family dynamic?" Her question made me go completely blank.

"He's..." I wanted to say he was like my second son, but that wasn't right. "I-... I don't know... I care about both of them a lot, but I can't say it's quite the same... they get along well, and sometimes I almost get jealous... and it's not of Killua... but mostly Gon... because Killua adores him so much and I... I don't know..."

What was I doing? Pouring my heart and soul out to someone I just met today? The second they ask about my relationship with Killua and Gon I start confessing to everything? Why? Why would I do that? It's not like they can figure it out when I can't do that myself... "Ah..." Mito said. There was silence again for a while, before she spoke up again.

"Could it be... Killua might be important to you in a different way?"

"Huh?"

"W-well, would you say you love Gon... as your son?"

"Yes! Of course!"

"Do you love Killua, then?" At her words, my cheeks started heating up. Wait- that's not what I-

"Well yeah, he's-..."

"Do you love him... in a different way than Gon..?" She asked. I was quiet for a while before slowly nodding. "What do you think he thinks of you?"

"I don't know... I'm not exactly insignificant, but I wouldn't say he feels the same way... Gon is almost like... his everything, and I'm just... his best friend's friend that he happens to be friends with too..."

"Ah... would you mind if I talk to Killua about it later?"

I blushed more. "Um... i-if you want to..."

She smiled at me, making me feel a lot more comfortable with her. "Alright. Now you go find those boys, and make sure they get some food." She handed me a tray of food to give to them. "And... thank you."

"I think you should come with me. I might end up running away if I go by myself, but I don't want to be left out..." I said quietly. Mito laughed softly and took my hand.

"We'll go together, then."

When we arrived where the boys had been, she pushed me towards them, making both of them turn to me in shock. "Y/n!" Gon smiled and got up, then pulled me over to their spot. "We were just talking about what we wanted to do now that we've taken the Hunter Exam!"

"O-oh... sorry if I intruded, you two can-"

"Actually, I was curious about what you wanted to do, Y/n." He smiled. My cheeks heated up again and I sat down and started playing with my hands. I felt Killua staring at me and had to bury my face in my knees to stop him from seeing how red my face was.

"Yeah... what are your plans, Kitten?" He asked me. I was silent for a moment before I eventually spoke.

"Tell me yours first. Then I'll tell." I said, confusing both Gon and Killua.

"Well, I'm looking for my Dad! And Killua's coming with me while he looks for something he wants to do!" Gon said.

"Oh..." I said quietly. "W-well... do you mind if I go with you..? I don't want to leave you guys yet, so..." I looked up and saw both of them smiling.

"I was kind of hoping you would say something like that..." Killua said, his cheeks slightly pink. I felt my face heat up again, so I buried my face in my knees again.

The boys continues talking, and I may or may not have been glancing at Killua every so often. I felt that jealousy I had talked with Mito about build up again. They talked so easily. When Killua and I talked, it seemed to end up feeling forced. I got up after a while when I finally heard Mito leave, and hid just in the line of trees, not wanting to feel jealous of Gon anymore. It was dumb.

I felt tears well up as thoughts of things staying like this forever, me feeling like a third wheel and them being so flawless, filled my mind. The one thing I wanted was someone who wanted me and only me, and wanted me for myself, not for my body or powers. But that would never happen. It couldn't happen. Especially with Killua...

I started thinking of what I would do if I had to leave them. I wouldn't go home... I couldn't go home. Definitely not that. I would have to find somewhere to stay. I just didn't know what I could do without them anymore. They were already my pillars of support, and without them, I don't know what I would be.

That's what I am. An impressionable, emotionally unstable idiot.

And isn't that just great?

End of Chapter.