Lucky

(Y/n's POV)

I smiled at Lucky, who smiled back. Killua still seemed pissed, but I ignored him. We exchanged phone numbers after a bit of conversation, and then I turned to Killua. He looked into my eyes and his expression softened, and then he smiled at me. I suddenly recalled how he had called me his 'girlfriend' earlier. I blushed and looked away from him.

He looked confused and made me look at him, cupping my cheeks. "Is something wrong, Kitten..?" I blushed more and avoided his eyes. He slowly got closer, making me blush even more.

I eventually pushed him away just enough that there was some space in between us and looked away from him. "You... called me your girlfriend..." I said quietly. His eyes widened, and he blushed.

"Oh- well... I kind of assumed... this was a date, wasn't it..? So wouldn't that mean we're dating..?"

"I... I guess, yeah..." I couldn't help but smile. There was an almost awkward silence before Killua spoke up again.

"W-we should probably head to my house now... wouldn't want either of us getting a cold from being out during the cold night like this." He said. I nodded in agreement, and he took my hand before walking towards his house.

I felt happy. But at the same time, I knew it was the same kind of blind love that had gotten me hurt in the first place.

I sighed to myself, wondering if I would ever escape this painful cycle. I doubted it. But... maybe... just maybe, this time would be different.

(Third Person POV)

Over the next few months, Lucky and Y/n got increasingly close, and Killua and Y/n went on more dates. Overall, their relationship was going well.

However, not as much could be said about the relationship between Y/n and Jax. They fought almost any time they were in the same room. Which was becoming rare. Y/n had been thinking about permanently moving out.

Trouble came any time they tried to write music together again, too. They just weren't in sync like they used to be. It only served to frustrate them further.

It became evident after a few months that their relationship was in ruins. That was when Jax disappeared.

~Y/n's POV~

"Killua, he's been missing for days! I haven't heard anything from him! Nothing! He didn't say he was leaving, he didn't say a word! This isn't a joke!"

"Babe, you two haven't been on good terms in months. Why do you even care at this point?"

"BECAUSE HE'S MY BEST FRIEND!" He's the one who helped me when you were gone... and that will leave me forever in his dept...

"WHAT KIND OF BEST FRIEND LEAVES YOU ALONE AFTER MONTHS OF FIGHTING! NOT ANY BEST FRIEND I KNOW OF!" He paused after realizing what he was saying. "Oh..."

I glared at him. "Yeah. I wonder."

We were silent before I got up. "I'm going to look for him."

"Babe, no! You could get hurt!"

"So fucking what? I passed the hunter exam a year before your ass. I think I can handle myself."

Just as I went to leave, I saw Lucky standing at the door, her cheeks pink in embarrassment.

"I-I'm sorry- I didn't mean to eavesdrop, you were just fighting and I wanted to make sure you were okay-"

My anger began to calm as she spoke. "No... it's okay. You were just worried." I smiled at her.

"Can I come with you..? I just don't want you to be alone..." She brushed some of her hair back. I glanced back at Killua, then nodded.

He glared at me. "Thanks, Lucky. Killua, I'll be back. You have my number now, so you can text me to check up on me or whatever boyfriend things you want to do." I waved a hand at him.

"Y/n, he hurt you. I just... Don't want that to happen again. If I promise not to complain, can I at least come with you...?" He grabbed my hand, staring into my eyes. "I could be useful... I promise."

"...Fine. Lucky, Killua, gather your things. I have the feeling I know where he went..."

~The next day~

"Um, Y/n, Babe, I love you and all, but are you sure this is the right place?'

"Positive," I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. "Welcome to Jax's brother's house." I knocked on the door, and Killua stepped to my side protectively. I rolled my eyes and shoved my hands in my pockets.

The door opened, and a blond haired brown-eyed man opened the door. "Mm, you must be Y/n. Jax doesn't want you around."

"I don't care. Just- ask him to talk to me for a few minutes, I'm desperate... I know he's mad, but-"

"Just stop it..." I heard Jax. He pushed his brother aside and stared at me. "So you're with him, eh?"

"Yes... But you're still my best friend, Jax. I miss having you around..."

He was silent. "Only if you drop that loser."

A pause.

"WHAT?!?"

"Only if you drop the boy who broke your heart! I still can't let you hurt yourself like that, N/n!"

"Jax are you insane?!? You don't get to control my relationships with anyone!"

"HE DOESN'T DESERVE YOU!"

"WELL, NEITHER DO YOU!"

Before I knew what was happening, Jax was kissing me. It was harsh, desperate, and not loving at all. I tried to pull away, but he only held me tighter. Suddenly, I heard him hiss and he pulled away, a hand flying to his wrist, which was now bleeding.

I looked at Killua. His nails were sharpened and dripping with blood. Jax's blood. His eyes were wide with anger. "Don't. Fucking. Touch. Her."

"I'll kill you-"

"Have you ever killed before? I doubt it. I have. Don't make threats you can't actually make good on."

Jax sneered at Killua. "SHE WAS MINE BEFORE YOU CAME! I COULD HAVE MADE HER LIVE ME IF YOU HADN'T COME ALONG AND REMINDER HER SHE LOVED YOU! YOU WERE AN ASS TO HER! I'M THE ONE SHE SHOULD BE IN LOVE WITH! ME, NOT YOU!"

"I know... I know I treated her horribly, but I'm trying to make up for it. You- you just kissed her. She obviously didn't like it, but you didn't stop. What did you think that would accomplish? I'll tell you what, irreversible damage."

"Killua-" I tried to reason with him.

"Touch her again and I'll rip your heart straight from your chest, and I'll fucking enjoy it."

"Killua!"

"Good luck with that, pretty boy." Jax spat.

"STOP IT!"

Both boys looked at me.

"Killua... Let's just go home." I grabbed his hand. He looked at me, his eyes softening.

"I'm sorry... Yes, let's go."

End of Chapter.

(OMG GUYS I DID IT! It only took me like a year, but I completed this chapter! And now Jax is practically out of the way, so Killua and Y/n's relationship can grow! I'm sorry it took so long. Hope it's good enough!(