Hunt Or Be Hunted (Part 3)

(Killua's POV)

I woke up to the smell of something cooking nearby. I sniffed and opened my eyes and found Y/n carefully making us breakfast. At first I was confused, not realizing that I had fallen asleep, but then I was hit with the sudden sadness that Y/n had gotten up.

"I checked and no one found us last night." Y/n said without looking up from what she was working on. I blushed and felt bad that the first thing I had thought of was her and not the importance of our stuff.

"T-that's good.." I responded. Shit- I stuttered... She looked up briefly and gave me a small smile. I felt my cheeks heat up, but I ignored it and looked over her shoulder. "Anything I can help you with?"

"Mm... If you want, can you cut those vegetables? I don't particularly like knives..." She trailed off. "I prefer to not use them if I don't have to." I nodded even though I didn't really understand. The way she had killed that Cameron boy from before made it a little surprising she was uncomfortable with sharp objects. I myself had never been scared of them. But then again, I had been raised as an assassin...

She suddenly looked up from her makeshift workspace and grinned. "An unsuspecting visitor..." The way she said it made me think that she was talking about a person, but instead she returned with a dead rabbit in tow. It's neck was broken. She had killed it herself. "I wanted to use rabbit meat... but I hadn't found one earlier. Glad I did, now I don't have to use something else."

I watched her in awe for a moment. She seemed really in her element. Then, realizing I was staring, I turned away. I can't wait for us to attack those brothers...

~After breakfast~

After cleaning up our area and making sure you couldn't tell that people had been there, we left. Y/n went around as a bird today, probably wanting to utilize her newest accomplishment. I followed a bit behind like we had discussed, but kept a bit closer after that accident yesterday where I wasn't sure if she had been caught or something worse. I preferred not to use the tracker and just followed her using my senses instead, so I hadn't seen that she was fine.

She stopped after less than an hour of travel, and I met up with her a few minutes after she stopped.

(Y/n's POV)

We had caught up to them quicker than I had expected. They seemed to be moving slowly, and I saw that they looked exhausted and famished. Must not have slept. Or eaten. They probably won't die because of it, but it's still not comfortable.

I looked closer and realized that one of them was injured. It looked like they had been caught by a snare trap or something. I had set up one or two of those last night after Killua fell asleep just in case. I looked over the wound. It was confirmed, they had come after us and one of them had gotten caught by my trap.

I grinned and looked to Killua. He nodded and we both went silent, stalking the prey. A few moments later, we both struck. We ended up having each other's opponent, so there was a little more work than if we had ended up getting our own, but we did it.

After a few moments of just sitting in the feeling of victory, Killua turned to me. "Well, now we have five days left. What do you want to do?" I thought for a minute, wondering if we should go looking for Gon and the others, but then I shook my head.

"I don't know. We should probably let the others complete this on their own. Gon and Kurapika would probably want to get things done on their own, and I have no want to help Leorio." I shrugged.

Killua was quiet for a minute and then he grabbed my hand and started running. "I have an idea!" He smiled at me. I felt my heart speed up for a second, then I jumped and turned into a cat, landing on his shoulder. He smiled wider and then kept running.

(??? POV)

"Sir, the Young Mistress still has not parted ways with the boy. Should I intervene?"

"No. Just keep an eye on them. Make sure that nothing happens to her. Should any harm come to her, bring her home immediately. We don't want to have to wait for her to heal before we can start the process."

"Yes, Sir. I will."

And then the call ended. Oh, Y/n... what have you gotten yourself into this time?

(Y/n's POV)

While Killua talked, I randomly picked at blades of grass. He had decided he wanted to play a game. It seemed simple enough, we would both find somewhere for us to stay, and whoever had the best spot wins. The loser would have to do something for the winner, yada yada. I kinda spaced out and stared at a red butterfly during that part. Then he stood up and held out a hand towards me.

"Ready?"

"Huh? We starting already?" I asked. He nodded and I took his hand, letting him pull me up. He grinned at me once more before calling the start of the game.

"GO!" And we were off.

~Ten Hours Later~

Killua had just returned to the spot we had agreed on. I had been here for maybe half an hour, waiting for him. "You found yours already?" He asked. I nodded. "Well then, I'll let you go first." I smiled and took his hand, pulling him towards the spot I had found.

The area was a small cave that I had gone through, already moving a few things around to make it relatively suitable for staying in. Killua seemed a little impressed, making my heart swell with pride. "What do you think?"

"I think it's nice... but I still want to show you mine." My ear twitched slightly in agitation, but I let him take me wherever his spot was.

Just before we arrived, Killua stopped. "Cover your eyes."

"What?"

"Just do it. It makes it better, trust me." I sighed and closed my eyes, holding the sleeve of my jacket over them. I felt Killua's hands on my back, guiding me wherever. There was a small voice in the back of my mind, wondering if he was going to push me off a cliff or into a river or something like that, but I trusted him enough to ignore the voice.

After a few more minutes of this, he stopped again. "Now you can look." His voice was soft, almost hesitant. I opened my eyes and let out a small gasp.

Another clearing, but this one was by a small brook and let us see the stars. There was also a small opening in a ledge that wasn't quite a cave but still provided shelter from anything that might happen by. I covered my mouth and just stared. "Y-you win..." I muttered, feeling utterly overwhelmed.

Killua grinned and stuck out his tongue at me. "I wonder what I'm gonna make you do~" He laughed, making me blush a little. Weirdo. "Guess I'll just have to wait until I have something I want you to do." He sighed, coming up with nothing.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and dropped to the floor. "Thank goodness... I'm not sure how comfortable I am with you having this stupid bet hanging over me." He shrugged and sat next to me.

"It really is pretty out here..." I muttered. He nodded and I felt his hand slide next to mine. "Good night, Killua." I smiled at him as I lay down.

"Good night, Y/n."

End of Chapter.

Hiiii~

So, I kinda ran out of ideas half way through the chapter, so I gave you this random game that I thought up. Wasn't the best chapter, I know, but it was something. Hope you enjoyed it at least somewhat, and thanks for reading.

Bubye!

- Sil