The Zoldyck Estate Gate

(Y/n's POV)

Clearly this is a test, I thought. Of course it is! These are trained assassins, you think they would just let anyone into their land? Idiot, I insulted myself. That was a bad habit I had formed. Due to lack of contact with other people who didn't just ignore me, I made friends with the voices in my mind.

(A/N:Haven't we all? I know at least I have. My family asks me why I keep talking to myself 🤣 I've gone insane. 2020, man. At least it's almost over and we can maybe give ourselves a tiny bit of hope 2021 will be better, but I wouldn't hope too much... you never know at this point.)

I wondered if I turned into a bird if I could make it again. It was an interesting question. I could fly higher than the creature could reach, but what if they had something else in the sky? But then again, by the looks of the forest, they couldn't just kill every bird around, they are an important part of the environment.

I stared up at the gate, the thought almost consuming me. As I prepared to fly up, I felt Gon's hand on my shoulder. "We should talk to the guard, tell him that we're here to see Killua!" He smiled at me.

I reluctantly moved behind him, not wanting to talk to someone when it wasn't necessary. He seemed nice enough, though... not like a lot of big, older men who thought of themselves as 'higher beings' and looked down on 'small little girls' like me. I only managed to get some tiny ounce of respect from them because of my dad.

As we spoke with the man, he explained that the Zoldycks never had friends come over and that he couldn't just let us in. Once again, the thought of flying above it crossed my mind. He told us that if we could open the gate, that we would be considered strong enough and could pass.

I frowned at this. I knew I wasn't very strong in this form. I had to change into other forms to have any sort of weight against something very big at all. The dog we had back home that was maybe half my size could hold my weight just fine.

Gon's arm was still not fully healed, so Leorio and Kurapika were going to attempt to open it with me. We were given these big vests and the moment I grabbed it, I dropped it. I shrieked and scampered away, quickly turning into a cat again and startling the guard.

I voluntarily shifted back after a few minutes, staring at the vest on the floor. I picked it up again, and now that I knew the weight I could hold it with a bit of a struggle. After putting it on, we went to the gate. It just hardly opened at all. I frowned and shifted out of the vest, letting Kurapika catch it before it hit the ground again.

"Hey..." I murmured to the guard. He turned to me, my presence registering in his mind no longer as silent, just timid. My expression changed from anxious to serious, and he seemed to question what was going on with me. "Can birds fly above that thing without getting hurt by Mike?" I asked.

His eyes widened for a split second, and then his face changed into an expression that clearly said that he had never thought about it before. "Y-yes, I believe so... however, I recommend... if you can do that, still try opening the gate. That way the family doesn't try to kill you immediately once you show yourself, young lady."

I nodded and thought about the creature I could become that would have the most effect against it. Tiger! I smiled as I thought of it, shifting into the large animal. I stared at the gate for a moment before running towards it. As I hit the metal, it creaked open and I changed into a smaller animal while still flying forward with momentum, letting myself slip through the small opening.

After a minute of sitting there, confused, I shifted to my normal form and screamed, "HAHA! I DID IT!!!" I jumped around for a second and heard Gon and the others all congratulating me.

"Y/N! GO AHEAD OF US, WE'LL CATCH UP WITH YOU SOON ENOUGH!" I heard Kurapika shout.

"I WILL!" I called back and quickly shifted into an animal that would be found commonly in the forest around. A bobcat, apparently. I followed the path through the woods, making sure not to make it obvious to any potential passersby.

I soon saw a smaller wall, with a girl wearing a butler uniform standing in front of it. She didn't even glance my way as I hopped over the wall and ran close to the path again. Only after she heard me did she turn to look, and by that time I was already gone. Soon enough, I found a house.

I doubted it was the estate, because it was lower down the mountain and not as spectacular as I would expect from what I had seen so far. I passed it, running as fast as I could. I kept running, and it seemed to take longer and longer to reach the end of the pathway.

Suddenly, I was met with a large building. There we go... I smiled to myself. That's definitely what I'm looking for. I transformed into something much smaller this time, something that wouldn't be noticed inside. A small white mouse. Hopefully if I found Killua, he would know who I am by the strangely colored ear I made sure to include in the transformation.

I quickly found my way in, a small hole in the wall. I paused, realizing I don't know where he could be inside of this gigantic house. I sat there for a moment, thinking. After a bit of that, I smelled the familiar scent of chocolate. I poked my tiny head out towards the smell. It was feint, but Killua had definitely been in this room in the last twelve hours.

I followed the scent, hoping I would find him soon.

End of Chapter.

Heeeyyyy~

This chapter was really rushed, and I had only a very rough idea of what I wanted to happen, so if it was lower quality than normal, I apologize. However, I am planning on putting out the next chapter either today or tomorrow, and it should be much better than this one. Also, I wanted to say thanks for 1k reads again. Bubye!

-Sil